• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HCT - Sunday August 4th.

Thanks Bill!

M
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Well, some of them could be, as they definitely flew black kites!
      The commentary can be a bit confusing if you are concentrating on your photography, but they were all Black Kites. They did make reference to Red Kites flying overhead and they were wild ones that nest in the next valley.
      Colin

Comment

He He.... Thanks Mike. They certainly make you duck for cover ! ! ! !
        Looks like you had a great time with "The Master" and picked up the odd trick or two
        David

Comment

Looks like you had a great time with "The Master"
          Make me sound like someone horrible from an old Dr Who Episode!
          Colin

Comment

I like all your shots Mike but in particular the Eagle portraits where you have caught the eyes brilliantly. Using the fill inflash certainly makes a difference, something I think I should try.

Sue

Comment

Using the fill inflash certainly makes a difference, something I think I should try.
              Go for it Sue, not nearly as difficult as it seems. There are significant benefits in lightening shadows, brightening the shot and putting a catchlight in the eyes.
              Colin

Comment

Thanks again Colin, David and Sue

@Sue - as Colin says, go for it. What I did was put the flash on Manual, and used the lowest power, then checked the back screen for any highlights. Gradually increased power until I started blowing the highlights. I'd set the 7D to indicate highlights on the back screen! Alternatively, you could try staying on ETTL, and setting Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC) from the flash menu on camera, but I think the first method was quicker and more accurate.

Hope that helps - and thanks for your kind comments.

Mike
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Great shots Mike, I really like the bald eagle pics.
                  I am sure they could be printed in a book.

Alan
                  Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Hi Alan

I must admit I wasn't expecting any more comments on this thread, but it's always very nice to get some!

Glad you liked them, especially the Bald Eagle, which I am very happy with.

Cheers, Mike.
                    flickr

Comment

Nice set Mike looks like you had a good day and good company
                      Peter

Feel free to browse my
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Bald Eagle viewed in Flickr full screen is awesome. Really well done.
                        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Thanks Peter & Wayne

Yep, good company, good day.

Thanks Wayne - I agree! (Baldy looks pretty good as my PC wallpaper too!)

Mike
                          flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X