Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 White balance help - Wedding photo - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White balance help - Wedding photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: White balance help - Wedding photo

Unfortunately that didnt work, white balance values were completely different in same positions on both photos but when I tweaked them it made it worse.....not really sure how else I can do this. Other than go take a photo of the steps again and then import the people on to them.

Any other white balance correction advice?!
    Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Hi Bexman you're helping people to see - the hours of 'fun' you can have when you do someone a favour and shoot their wedding.

If given you how it's supposed to work in thoery, that's why I added

It should work for the same light temp - best on groups of shots in exactly the same conditions, if it works at all. :-)
      I was talking about what you could so after the event, with software. As you can't practically recreate these shots, I thought advise on what you could have done prior to shooting would be irrelevant.

Try this article:

You could have set a custom WB
      Using a camera with a lot of megapixel gives you the oportunity to leave more space around the group to accommodate different print sizes without cutting off feet etc.
      These points aren't very helpful - as you've already done the job, and have to deliver the pix.

The Pics don't look to bad to me, I see no reason why they wouldn't be pleased. In the context of an album I would have thought you'd only really need a couple of these group shots ?
      Did you cover the whole day ?

Trev

Comment

Just to muddy the waters a little... In post 11 you've put the first as the one you're not happy with and the second as the one you are. This confuses me because I have them exactly opposite - the first looks spot on, the second a little muddy and over-flashed. Not bad, but not as good.

Which leads me to suspect your solution is two-fold: White balance being one and curves being the other?
        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
          Just to muddy the waters a little... In post 11 you've put the first as the one you're not happy with and the second as the one you are. This confuses me because I have them exactly opposite - the first looks spot on, the second a little muddy and over-flashed. Not bad, but not as good.

Which leads me to suspect your solution is two-fold: White balance being one and curves being the other?
          I suspected it may be the case! I'm a real photoshop amateur so can you explain the wb and curves thing? Thanks
          Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
            Hi Bexman you're helping people to see - the hours of 'fun' you can have when you do someone a favour and shoot their wedding.

If given you how it's supposed to work in thoery, that's why I added

I was talking about what you could so after the event, with software. As you can't practically recreate these shots, I thought advise on what you could have done prior to shooting would be irrelevant.

Try this article:

You could have set a custom WB
            Using a camera with a lot of megapixel gives you the oportunity to leave more space around the group to accommodate different print sizes without cutting off feet etc.
            These points aren't very helpful - as you've already done the job, and have to deliver the pix.

The Pics don't look to bad to me, I see no reason why they wouldn't be pleased. In the context of an album I would have thought you'd only really need a couple of these group shots ?
            Did you cover the whole day ?

Trev
            Apologies Trev, I missed your reply! I understand and with hindsight I'd have taken a bit of gray card and sorted out the WB as ive read that helps too.

Thanks for the comments, I did shoot the whole day and out of 200 shots I'm not happy with a couple of the group shots and these were all taken indoors on these damn stairs! I guess experience tells me to check lighting etc..next time in advance but it was good experience and something I couldnt really turn down due it being my sister in law. I'm sure she'll be happy with them but I'm fussy and would like them perfect, but hey ho!!
            Mike

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Shoot RAW RAW RAW......especially something important like a wedding.
              If you happen to have shot in jpeg, open your jpeg in RAW.
              But yes, use the eye dropper or use custom and lower the temp.

Regards

Comment

A grey card is for getting the exposure right.
                Most grey cards are white on the reverse side so you can use this to take a custom WB reading.

Sounds like you're not having too much luck adjusting the WB.
                Have you tried the Photo Filters in PS?
                If its too yellow add a blue cooling filter.

or

Colour Balance and move the yellow/blue slider

Mike
                www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
                X