X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dresses

Originally posted by AndyMackie View Post
    Coilin
    Would maybe a larger lens at greater distance but at near max zoom/aperture and if necessary then cropped give you the preferred DOF to throw the background completely out?
    Andy
    Nice thinking Andy, but there are three leads into the control box, all at a given length and I am near the limit of their length with the 100mm. I need the control box to be at the camera, because I need to trigger the mirror lock-up, before triggering the drops. Without mirror lock-up, the image is unlikely to be sharp, owing to vibration - that is on the instruction sheets from the manufacturer and he issued those fairly recently, following user feedback.

I still think the longer tray is the better solution. My current one is less than 300mm long and "borrowed" from Mrs C. I should think that 450mm or longer will solve, or reduce the problem.
    Colin

Comment

My latest one is 640 mm x 360 mm x 150 mm deep, so you can imagine the amount of water it takes to fill it. An advantage is as it is so long you dont need to fill it right to the brim as its so long the background is contained within the tank.
      I got it in B & Q - an underbed storage bin without a lit and it cost £7.95

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Buy longer leads?
        Just a thought
        Andy

Comment

I like Marilyn

And if cloned about the first bulb on the first shot you get an elegant tall lady in an evening cape.

Would like to see the man's face at the store, when instead of measuring to see if it will fit under the bed, you ask whether its water tight
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X