I'nt Milk Brilliant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'nt Milk Brilliant

Great shots there, I also prefer the last shot of the three.

I have found that the Mk 1 eyeball works pretty well for setting the vertical alignment of the drops but I have also found that I need to check it as the levels in the header tank drop, it may be that my clamp isn't tight enough or that it has more movement than others.

i am currently investigating the gin, whiskey, brandy and rum bottles to see which would work for a splash shot, I I get anything working will post a sample.

Comment

It seems you way ahead of us Colin!

Have you tried a different (smaller?) nozzle? I wonder whether a small orifice may help concentrate the drops into a more precise area.
      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Have you tried a different (smaller?) nozzle? I wonder whether a small orifice may help concentrate the drops into a more precise area.
        I have been thinking of that for thinner/taller tendrils. Had a quick scout on eBay without much success. Probably need to find the right description to get any success, or contact Joe.

Any thoughts?

On another subject, not particularly welcoming on their site are they? I posted a "hello" on there weeks ago and not one welcome. Possibly they should change the title to "ignorenoobbees.com"
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          I have been thinking of that for thinner/taller tendrils. Had a quick scout on eBay without much success. Probably need to find the right description to get any success, or contact Joe.

Any thoughts?
          "
          I have used a piece of RC model aircraft fuel pipe over the nozzle which holds a thing piece of brass tubing in the nozzle effectively sealing it in place and reducing the diameter to 50% of its original, haven't had chance to try it yet.

Colin / Steve if you are interested you can pm me an address and I can post to you the necessary pieces of rubber / brass tubing to play with.

Comment

I think the nozzles are called hosetails Colin, there are plenty on eBay but only down to 1/8" (3mm) which I guess is the size already fitted. It'd be interesting to go up a size too to see what effect that has.

I think I'll try adapting some pipette nozzles from work as they're available in a variety of sizes down to a fraction of a mm this weekend and see whether they offer any advantages.

Thanks for the offer Muscat, I 'll see how I get on this weekend with my home-made version!
            Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Working...
            X