Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Me in an Aston

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
    Looks like you had a great time and I agree wholeheartedly about Paddock hill bend - when I did the Mustang day coming into it for the first time it was like "where the hells the track gone??" very scarey.

Ahh I remember well the day I offered a DSLR to Cory, "it's too big for my hands, too heavy etc etc" within 12 months we had 2 of almost everything and she is taking better shots than I (well that's what she thinks anyway - man I'm going to pay for that one)

BUT - honestly, having a hobby that we both share is awesome and I wouldn't have it any other way.

.DAVID.
    Cheers David.

Brands Indy is a small circuit, yes Paddock Hill is scary in an exciting way, at every corner you have to think. Even at Druids the Apex was not where I thought it was, it was further round, even Graham Hill, you have to get to Graham Hill Bend fast, but you have to put the car in the right place on the track, before you know it your on the brakes. I was at the bend before I even thought about the brakes. I only applied the brake because the instructor told me to. Clearways, even that is blind, you can't see where the next piece of tarmac is....and I want to do it again, but have more time in a car. I can feel a 'Build yourself a track day car' coming on. I still have a cheesy smile on my face.
    Gary

https://www.facebook.com/motorsportimagesbyghp/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghand_39/

Canon EOS 7D Mk2 EOS 7D EOS 1D Mk III Canon 400 L f5.6 Canon EF 70-200 L f4 Canon EF 24-105 L f4 Canon EF 50 f1.8

Comment

Re: Me in an Aston

Originally posted by gary65 View Post
      Cheers David.

Brands Indy is a small circuit, yes Paddock Hill is scary in an exciting way, at every corner you have to think. Even at Druids the Apex was not where I thought it was, it was further round, even Graham Hill, you have to get to Graham Hill Bend fast, but you have to put the car in the right place on the track, before you know it your on the brakes. I was at the bend before I even thought about the brakes. I only applied the brake because the instructor told me to. Clearways, even that is blind, you can't see where the next piece of tarmac is....and I want to do it again, but have more time in a car.
      Exactly my sentiment. The hardest part is not driving the car, it's getting the lines and braking points right - never felt I mastered that and wanted more time and more laps. That aspect may be easy for the Turkingtons, Platos and Sheddens of this world but for us mere mortals.... not!

Fun trying though -recommend it to anyone.

M

Comment

Working...
      X