Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed, am I missing something, or is my new camera faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed, am I missing something, or is my new camera faulty?

I've just had delivered a set of yonguno 603's with the C1 cable for use in my 650d.

The transceivers appear to work fine and will fire my yn467 as they should. What I'm struggling with its getting the units to work as a shutter release.

The C1 cable is connected to one of the units and the camera. When pressing the release on the second unit the led goes red on both tranches but the camera doesn't fire.

I've not used a wired remote before but borrowed a friend this morning that works on his 350d but can't get to work on my 650? Is the C1 socket on my camera faulty or do I need to adjust camera settings in order to use the remote? :confused:

Tried in manual mode just incase AF lock was the issue, but no joy! :(

Re: Help needed, am I missing something, or is my new camera faulty?

I have used these remotes as you describe on my 500 without issue. Have you tried using a different tranceiver on the camera, in case the tranceiver socket is faulty? I would try and rule out all else before assuming the camera, by trying different configurations of 603s.

One thing I have noticed, as flash triggers, they wont activate if the live view is on. Not sure why. Other wise I have found these a great wee investment.

Not sure this will help,

Garry
    Last edited by digiman; 11-05-2013, 11:38.
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I've switched the two I bought, both fire the flash but won't fire the shutter.

I've also tried a wired remote from a friend with no luck. That made me think it's the 2.5 mm socket in camera that's faulty.

Are there any settings I need to change to use it, or should it work as soon as you plug it in?

Comment

For me it was plug 'n play. As far as I am aware, you are just sending the signal from the cable rather than the shutter button, so your camera should be able to tell. I know the 650 is a little different from the 500. Maybe someone else will be able to help more.

Comment

Thanks digiman.

Anyone out there with a 650d and either a set of yn603's or wired remote? :(

Comment

Don't have a 650d but I use a giga t pro wireless/wired unit and the cables are different at each end .
            If you look at the jack plug 1 has 2 bands on it and the other 3 bands the end with the 3 bands must go into the reciever/trigger and the end with 2 bands on it into the camera otherwise it wont work.
            Just a suggestion hope it helps
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Well I can confirm that the 650d does indeed work with the yonguno 603c for wireless remote shutter triggering.

I have absolutely no idea what I've done differently, but it works today. I charged the battery fully, could that be it?

Comment

Originally posted by Guesty View Post
                I charged the battery fully, could that be it?
                Unlikely I would have thought, as the signal uses so little power. Glad all is well though. They are great wee units

Comment

Yes they are! Still, very strange!

Comment

Working...
                  X