Lithium Batteries and Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lithium Batteries and Travel

Thanks Quentin. Re question "1", is it advisable to remove the battery from the camera ,when flying ,to prevent any sort of damage to the camera- imagined or fact?
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
      (3) where does one buy spare covers to protect the contact points on camera batteries- DSLR and compact cameras?
      I very much doubt that you could buy spare or replacement plates; they are plastic and so small, that it couldn't be economically feasible to produce them; but if anyone knows otherwise, I'll happily stand corrected :-)

Re question "1", is it advisable to remove the battery from the camera ,when flying ,to prevent any sort of damage to the camera- imagined or fact?
      I suppose that, in theory, it is conceivable that a battery could malfunction - at any time - whether you're flying or not, but life is just too short to worry about such things!

I do though remove the battery when the unit is not in use for longish periods (days), but I have never ever worried about leaving the battery in while I'm using the camera on a day-to-day basis, and that includes several long-haul flights, and 24-hour periods where the camera just sits in the bag doing nothing.

Cheers;

Lee
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Me too, I have never removed batteries for a flight, long or short haul.
        Quentin

Comment

When I bought my 7D recently I was surprised and impressed that the seller had, not only wrapped it exceptionally well, but that the box had a great big 'Lithium Batteries... Warning' sticker on it. When I subsequently bought spare batteries (different seller) they came without any such note - nor did the replacement as one of the first was faulty. Clearly some are very clued up about the rules while others aren't (or don't care!)

When I've flown it has always been without any battery rules having been made clear.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Working...
          X