Optech camera straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Optech camera straps

Picked up a basic video Optech strap for a fiver at "Focus" earlier this year - it looked strong enough to take a DSLR and cetainly has proved so. Started using it a few weeks ago and find it much easier on the neck than the Canon one, but do find the slipperiness and elasticity requires a bit more "control" (ie dropped camera a few days ago when had the strap over just one shoulder and it slipped - camera survived better than my nerves....). Keep the 50D and 24-105 in a Lowepro Cirrus holster bag with the strap wrapped around the lens, and, yes, the Optech does take more room than the Canon.
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Been using these straps for the last 5 years, I think they are superb and am happy to hang my 500f4 on one.

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
        when shooting long exposures, on the canon strap there's a small shield that attaches to the eyepiece to stop any stray light entering the viewfinder. Using the optech strap, you can't fit the small shield.

Again a very small proiblem.

I have two that are never off my cameras. A lot more comfortable than the canon straps
        I'm sure when I had my strap on the 30D the little rubber thing fitted on the strap just like a Canon one, but now as Colin says the 1D has the little lever (not sure if that lever is really worth the extra £3000 though)

Comment

Working...
        X