OP/Tech Pro Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OP/Tech Pro Straps

Is this a strap which wraps around the hand/wrist or another neck one?
    Ian the OpTech Pro Strap is a neck strap.

David
    David

Comment

Originally posted by freethinker View Post
      OK Guy's an OP/Tech Pro Strap? I wonder if this is what I've been looking for? Is this a strap which wraps around the hand/wrist or another neck one? maybe an uploaded picture can help. Ian
      Is this the sort of thing you're looking for?

Or this...

There's plenty of hand-straps available...

HTH
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks guys: yes I’m still using the original neck strap, but I have a tendency to wrap it around the palm of my hand and hold the camera. Ideally a good quality hand strap or a longer/larger neck strap would be fine, my normal set up is now quite heavy; 550D with a battery pack and a 18mm – 200mm lens.
        All help will be welcome!!
        Ian

Comment

Hi Ian, mine arrived today and first impression is good. I fitted it to my 7D with 24-70 f2.8 L USM which is a quite heavy combination. It's way more comfortable than the supplied strap...
          Last edited by Ian_rw; 03-11-2010, 21:09. Reason: typo
          EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Added to my next wish list
            Raj
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by freethinker View Post
              Thanks guys: yes I’m still using the original neck strap, but I have a tendency to wrap it around the palm of my hand and hold the camera. Ideally a good quality hand strap or a longer/larger neck strap would be fine,
              Hello Ian

As you have the battery pack, you can use the Canon E1 wrist strap.

If you also order the Optech Pro strap with the bootlace loops, you can have the benefit of both. You may need a small loop of fishing line to pull the Optech loop through the fixing lug on the right hand side, but once fitted it works well.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Well, as a result of all the discussion here I have bitten the bullet and ordered an Op-Tech Pro for my recently acquired 50D - thanks for all the info. and advice, based on actual experience, one of the strengths of this forum!
                Quentin

Comment

Well done Quentin.

Now you'll find that your kit weighs around half as much as it used to.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X