550D vs 60D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 550D vs 60D

Battery grip essential for me. Better handling as the end of grip rests against heel of hand and extra buttons for portrait very useful. Extra battery life another plus.

Only down side is the added weight of course.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Seriously thinking that a 60D would be the best route for me. Newer tech

Comment

I'm not sure the 60D is really worth the cost as an upgrade unless you need some of the key features you gain...

More solid body
        Better viewfinder
        Flip-out LCD screen
        A bit faster burst rate (+ larger buffer)
        Top LCD (very handy IMHO)
        Bigger battery
        A bit faster flash sync (1/250 vs 1/200)
        Faster max shutter speed (1/8000 vs 1/4000)
        More controls (dials, buttons)
        Less viewfinder blackout (when take a photo, about 2/3 the time)
        Better Auto Focus

That seems a lot but most are minor and may not apply.

The downsides are the extra weight and the fact it's the same sensor so no picture quality improvements.

I'm not sure how much newer technology it is, it came out in 2010 like the 550D and uses the same Digic 4 processor.

Comment

I have been looking at a 50D instead though. Better handling. Better than the 550D/600D though?

Comment

Originally posted by Koolpc View Post
            I have been looking at a 50D instead though. Better handling. Better than the 550D/600D though?
            You need to play with them and take some photographs ... see how they feel in your hands ... most decent shops will let you.

Comment

I have played with them and like them all! lol

Comment

I am going to stick with my 550D until the 70D drops to a more reasonable price. As was mentioned before, the IQ is the same as the 60D its just the handling and a few other unimportant things.

Thanks guys for all your great advice

Comment

At the end of the day it's what suits you best.
                  I had a 600D that I liked a lot but in a moment of madness thought I should upgrade to a 60D, so I did.
                  Didn't get on with it at all, so now I'm back to another 600D and happy again. Lessons of life I guess!!!

Comment

The 5D classic is a very good camera - but of course you cant use any EF-S lens

I have kept mine as it is lightweight so I take it out with me. The picture quality is excellent too.

I also have a 70D which is a big leap over the 60D - so I wonder whiter it is the right time to buy a 60D

Brian
                    ef-r

Comment

Working...
                    X