EOS M2 announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EOS M2 announced

If the M had not been available, I suspect I would've got a 100D. No advantage to me in jumping ship, as I want something to go with my FF DSLR, not an alternative system. I did try MFT, but the cameras were actually larger than the M, and the image quality worse. Admittedly there are better options now, but none of them will integrate into my EOS system. Going from 5D II, 600D and S90 to 6D and M just made so much sense to me - saves a fair bit of weight and bulk, yet is more versatile.

I suspect you're right about sales rates, and I suspect there's still a fair bit of M stock to shift by deep discounting, so not surprised the M2 hasn't made it here.
    Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

Re: EOS M2 announced

Originally posted by George Bear View Post

So anyone thought about small and gone 100D or M or indeed jumped ship?
      I wanted something small and light for holidays, hillwalks etc when the size and bulk of a DSLR kit was more of a hinderance.
      I eventually went for a Lumix G5 + 14-42x and a 2nd hand GX1 both of which I love. Great size & IQ - everything I was looking for.
      Had the 100D been out at the time I probably would have bought that instead.
      My other half almost bought me one at the Duty Free in Glasgow airport but I decided against it at the last minute.

Jump Ship? - ALMOST!!
      Considering I can go out with a camera body and 2 lenses ranging from 28mm - 400mm in my jacket pocket, I've often wondered why I bother with bulky DSLRs.
      In the end I sold my 600D, 7D & 5D2 and bought a 70D & 6D and never looked back.
      I still use the Lumix cameras a lot but as I said earlier had the 100D been on the market or the M a bit more appealling I would have chosen Canon

Mike
      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
      X