There's something really going wrong here. 7D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There's something really going wrong here. 7D

Sorry if I have put you off the 7D Lee. I can't pin point exactly what I have trouble with however, it's certainly not indicative of 7D's over the world. Don't get down about the cameras ability. In the right hands it's a phenomenal camera but I swing too much over the line of error with it and it annoys me. I strive for perfection on every shot I take. Maybe that's the issue.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Why not try MPB ? By the time you pay Ebay listing/10%-£75 max selling fee, PayPal 3.4%, then shipping etc. Provided all items were purchased in the EU they offered me a similar sort of price.
      Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

i thought along those lines but to get a good used 1d3 that paul fancies you would have to pay over the odds for it ,they pay good prices but for a reason ,i think the current offer on 7d bodies is around 500-550 .and not seen many top 1d3 examples

Comment

MPB only offered me £540 for my 7D and £110 for the lens. They don't have any 1DmkIII's anymore either. I've seen a 1D mkiii for £650 on a site. Looks pretty good. There's also one on Ebay for £679. Looks no bad either. Any fee from Ebay can be taken off the change in the paypal account when I balance out the funds from the sale (if it sells)

I did plan to buy the 1D mkIII first with my credit card, try it out and then sell my 7D or sell the 1DmkIII. I found that to be a risky situation as quite rightly so, my good lady said, I'd just keep both knowing me. It needs to be one or the other.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

my good lady said, I'd just keep both knowing me
            I've played that scam a couple of times ........................ and got away with it! Cost me a bit of decorating, or a new carpet.
            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
              I've played that scam a couple of times ........................ and got away with it! Cost me a bit of decorating, or a new carpet.
              Cost me a week of building a new back porch just before Xmas LOL at least she paid for it ,hold on it's my pension money she's using.

Comment

New kitchen is on the horizon so brownie points will come when i drop that ive fitted kitchens before lol
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

Try www.ffordes.com they have1 at £799 body only
                  Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Crikey that looks MINT!
                    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                    www.campsie.photography

Comment

yep it does look a mint one paul ,you would need to check serial numbers though ,but thats not a real worry though i spoke to canons head office last week before i got mine ,any a/f issues should be sorted by the latest firmware if needed ,and the sub mirror assembly problem again if needed is still covered by a free of charge recall .it put my mind at rest anyway .the only other thing i would ask on that one is re-the paint around the shutter button ,but it might just be a reflection .

it might be worth giving them a quick bell re-part exchange paul as they obviously do second hand gear ,factor in e/bay fees into any offer .
                      Last edited by the black fox; 11-01-2014, 08:22.

Comment

What software are you using to process the pictures??
                        ef-r

Comment

Lightroom 5 brian. They were just imported then exported with 800 along the top edge for the forum.
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Paul, have you been following this thread on another forum? http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/ind...hreads/509093/
                            Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                            http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                            https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                              Sorry if I have put you off the 7D Lee. I can't pin point exactly what I have trouble with however, it's certainly not indicative of 7D's over the world. Don't get down about the cameras ability. In the right hands it's a phenomenal camera but I swing too much over the line of error with it and it annoys me. I strive for perfection on every shot I take. Maybe that's the issue.
                              I think we might be twins :)

I mistakenly thought the 7D was going to give me so much more than the 6D for wildlife because if it's extra features but to be honest at the end of the day it's the IQ that matters most and it's always going to lose except where the 6D's AF system simply can't help you get the shot (which should not happen all that often).
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

It may be a daft question Paul but do you have a filter on your 400? If so remove it and try some shots, I initially fitted a high quality protective filter to my 400 only to find I got very poor images, took it off and much improved, yes if did need to micro adjust by +8 but it is fine now.

Comment

Working...
                                X