Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hotshoe/PC sync and ERR99

Originally posted by Paulw View Post
    Sent an email support request to Canon to see if they have an inkling of why I'm getting this problem and if they feel it will be evident on other particular models.

Paul
    Predictably & perhaps not unreasonably the response is;

"With reference to your enquiry regarding the wireless trigger, unfortunately we are unable to assist you with third party products.

Kindly contact the manufactorer of the device for assistance. It can be its not compatible with our camera..."

But they do end;

"I hope this information is of use to you. If you have any other queries, or need any other information, please do not hesitate to reply directly to this email."

Paul
    "...you can overcome any problem with enough time and money..." - trouble is I don't have the time or the money, just the problems

Comment

Re: Hotshoe/PC sync and ERR99

Originally posted by Dan Glynhampton
      It was worth a try Paul, but as you say that's the most likely response from Canon to a compatibility issue with 3rd party equipment. I take it Multiblitz are still at a loss?

Good luck

Dan
      I've not contacted Multiblitz directly, leaving in the hands of the Distributor, who it was purchased from - the initial response (from Multiblitz) was new batteries required, but it may be faulty so we'll send another. Obviously if it works perfectly on a 'new' camera (the 5D mkII) I wouldn't expect anyone to consider it faulty in all honesty. How far back and how many different camera's should you expect a manufacturer to try during development? It is designed only to be used with their latest Pro' flashes, so I feel they would perhaps limit this to more upmarket offerings, in any case it is an 'odd' problem, but a bit of a pain when buying my next 2nd hand camera, I'll need to try before I buy with the trigger and a flash head...

I may follow-up with Canon, specifically asking about connectivity differences between camera models and as I don't have much in the way of costly glass could perhaps shift brand. I'll give the distributor a few more days and give them a call, if the answer is still 'don't know' I'll give Multiblitz a try directly and see what they have to say. I've been using Multiblitz for about 30 years and like Canon never had a single problem. But as I said above I can't really complain that much about a compatibility issue between two different manufacturers.

Paul
      "...you can overcome any problem with enough time and money..." - trouble is I don't have the time or the money, just the problems

Comment

Working...
      X