Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Canon, please build me a camera with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dear Canon, please build me a camera with...

How about an easy way to dial in the right white balance. On my 40D the symbols for white balance setting are far too small and it isn't easy to change the setting quickly. This is one of the reasons I use RAW as you can adjust the WB on the computer afterwards. ... or is there any easy way to create a short cut to do this through customisation?

Comment

On the 50D there is a personalised menu with your favourite menu options. Is that not on the 40D - I thought it was?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiChris View Post
        I want a digi SLR with a tilt-and-swivel viewing screen, just like a video camera and a lot of still cameras.
        On a similar line, I'd find a remote viewfinder extremely useful. Be it either wired or wifi. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to see what your shooting if you happen to have to do one of those camera in the air point, shoot and hope for the best moments.

There was a point and shoot out back in the late 90s that did this, though for the life of me I can't remember the make.

Of course the remote would also have the facility for focus and shutter operations and the like.

Hope some of that makes sense? I'm not the best at describing what I mean in the written word.
        Last edited by sinisterpictures; 01-10-2009, 19:15.

Comment

I want eye control focusing like the EOS3 had. It worked really well for me. I loved it. What about an EOS3 digital?

Comment

Originally posted by minime View Post
            I want eye control focusing like the EOS3 had. It worked really well for me. I loved it. What about an EOS3 digital?
            I'm with you on that one – selecting the right focusing spot seems to be the one thing that slows me down.
            Dave

Comment

IS in the body

Comment

Dear Canon, please build me a camera
                ....that you and your team have fully tested before you foist new and unproven technologies on your unsuspecting guinea pig customers that you expect to pay full whack for at the launch.

Maybe given their current practice of launching beta bodies, they should make the first couple of thousand bodies available at say 50% of rrp on a first come first serve basis, so the poor sods who have to find all the various untested problems at least don't pay through the nose for it.

Martin :-)

Comment

Good point Martin.

It almost seems like Canon are more concerned with getting cameras to market than building (or even looking after) the brand. They do seem to be on a downward turn – shoddy marketing, out-of-date customer research and poor QC.
                  Dave

Comment

So do you think Nikon might buy Canon out and use the Canon brand as their 'economy' range???????

Comment

I would like 2 card slots on my 5D Mk2 so that I can use one for stills and one for movie coz as yet I haven't bothered much movies.
                      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

How about a 1Dmk4 without video in the same price band as the mk3?
                        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          How about a 1Dmk4 without video in the same price band as the mk3?
                          Totally agree. I actually wonder how many will actually use the mkIV in video mode. Put it this way I've never used either of my Powershot (S80 & G10) in video mode so why would I need it on any of my 1D's ? Or put it another way if I wanted to shoot video I'd buy a video recorder
                          rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

if you look at last week's BJP. the chief designer of EOS cameras says that video is here to stay....
                            www.garywhite-photography.com
                            Gary White, MPhil
                            Travel Photographer

Comment

A DSLR camera with software that will enable the viewfinder to be used through a laptop prior to actually taking the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodopsin View Post
                                Totally agree. I actually wonder how many will actually use the mkIV in video mode. Put it this way I've never used either of my Powershot (S80 & G10) in video mode so why would I need it on any of my 1D's ? Or put it another way if I wanted to shoot video I'd buy a video recorder
                                Once you have Live View, movie mode is essentially a software implementation, so the impact on manufacturing cost is small. It's rather like saying "I only shoot RAW files, so please produce a camera which does not have a JPEG option". It's possible, but it won't reduce the cost.
                                Robert
                                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X