• Show
Clear All

Re: EOS & AA NI-MH Rechargeables

How do the Eneloops differ from Normal NI=MH batteries
    They hold their charge much better . :)

Trev

Comment

The eneloops are the way to go, I have had 2 set's and the stand by set have held their full charge for 5 months now, they are even fully charged when you get them new, ie: try charging them when you get them.

Comment

Be a little careful of the higher capacity batteries folks - they may not be the panacea they seem.

Another of my hobbies was radio controled model flying. Batteries are more critical in that environment as a failure results in the inevitable distruction of the model and potentialy worse consequences. I and other modellers did a lot of research into batteries. We found that although the larger cells lasted longer initially,

they were less likely to meet their nominal capacity

they were more prone to premature failure

they did not last nearly as many charge/discharge cycles.

This is why I specified 2000mAh cells. Sanyo (makers of Eneloops) came out on top and Vapextech did well as well.
        Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Many thanks lads (Oggie & Don) will be getting two pack to try .
          Will i still be able to charge them in my wall socket charger i already have.
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
          Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
          Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

I have been using Panasonic Evolta AA batteries from this company. http://www.rechargeablebatteries.co....TA_2100mah_4pk

Excellent results and they can be recharged with standard wall socket chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by F.S.P. View Post
              Many thanks lads (Oggie & Don) will be getting two pack to try .
              Will i still be able to charge them in my wall socket charger i already have.
              You can charge them in any charger suitable for NiMH cells.
              Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Working...
              X