Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which film camera did you like the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was the Canon EOS 5

I found it very good for my railway photography at the time I used it.
    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Re: Which film camera did you like the best?

Mine was a Praktica MTL3....it was my first and had a 50mm f1.7 lens which was fantastic......then swapped to Minolta X300 but by then bodies came with a 35-70 standard zoom....slow, not brilliantly sharp and never as satisfied.
    I couldn't afford a Canon!
    Never has autofocus...or more options than Manual and Aperture priority...it was hard in them days!
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Easy. Olympus OM4Ti. Still miss using it and I'm considering redoing the light seals and resurrecting it. On the Canon side the EOS300 was a simple light and decent performer, which got me into Canon and I'm still here...

Comment

Rollei 35S - slipped nicely in my pocket while rock climbing.

Comment

I'm going to have to use the N-word...

Nikon FM - it was my principal camera for 20-odd years until I picked up a used EOS1000 on the cheap. In some ways my favourite film EOS is the 5 despite the pestilential dodginess of the mode dial lock...
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Got to say absolutely loved using my Olympus OM kit. Had OM1, OM2 and OM2SP. Still have them and can't get over how light and small they are compared to my current kit. Though as I get older think I'd have a bit of trouble gripping the smaller form.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Mine was the Contax 139 followed closely by a Bronica SQA medium format.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

The only real one I had, a Minolta SRT101 - I had many years of enjoyment from it.
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

That is a difficult one.
                  I started with a Zenit E built like a Russian tank. All the Canons were good. AE1, A1 but my favourite was the T90, bought in 1988 and I still have it, but it is just about worn out. The lens mount is moving. But it served me well for years. Still would like to have the multiple spot metering function on my 6D.

Chris

Comment

After a few screw mount cameras I moved to Canon topped off by an A1. I enjoyed that camera for quite a few years.

Dave
                    Dave , France 79

Comment

I had a Pentax ME Super with the quirky shutter speed buttons, well quirky for the time. Added an auto winder to it and found the quickest way to empty my pocket short of rampant GAS...
                      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

A Pentax MX taught me everything about manual exposure. Lovely camera.
                        Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

My very first SLR was a Zenit B. You had to grow your fingernails to change the aperture, which was within the front of the lens.

My first Canon was an A1, which I loved and I later paired that with a Canon F1. That was a pretty awesome combination and there wasn't anything they couldn't cover between them.

Later I bought the EOS 1n and that was my all time favourite film camera. It was a tool and did it's job day after day, without drama, just totally reliable and solid.
                          Colin

Comment

I would have to say the last one I used regularly was my favourite, EOS 3 but, that said, in their day I loved Minolta X700, Canon A1 and Pentax Spotmatic. In the studio it was my Mamiya RZ67.
                            Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

My old Mamiya 330 medium format, wish I hadn't sold it really, if I could find a decent supply of film and someone to develop it, I would happily have another medium format film camera, always fancied a Hasselblad years back.
                              Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Working...
                              X