YONGNUO ST-E2 Speedlite Transmitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YONGNUO ST-E2 Speedlite Transmitter

Has anyone used or bought a YONGNUO ST-E2 Speedlite Transmitter and would like to give a review of this item?

Tom

Re: YONGNUO ST-E2 Speedlite Transmitter

Tom It's more or less the same as the canon ste2 only on the YN one the head can be swiveled.
    If you do choose to use IR triggers, you will soon get sick of asking the same question - did that flash fire ??

For that reason IR triggers are out of he question for me, and anyone else who needs to fire flashguns out of the line of sight
    and enclosed in modifyiers

Take a look at YONGNUO YN 622C, Now that they've worked out how to 'do' Canon ettl, I expect you'll see more and more
    affordable radio triggers.
    http://www.lightingrumours.com/yongn...ed-at-110-2703.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
      Tom It's more or less the same as the canon ste2 only on the YN one the head can be swiveled.
      If you do choose to use IR triggers, you will soon get sick of asking the same question - did that flash fire ??

For that reason IR triggers are out of he question for me, and anyone else who needs to fire flashguns out of the line of sight
      and enclosed in modifyiers

Take a look at YONGNUO YN 622C, Now that they've worked out how to 'do' Canon ettl, I expect you'll see more and more
      affordable radio triggers.
      http://www.lightingrumours.com/yongn...ed-at-110-2703.

Trev
      Thanks for this trev. Perhaps you could do an update sometime and give us a review of what works and prices etc...would be much appreciated.
      Robin

Comment

Thanks Trev for the info. Have you used these?

Tom

Comment

Hi Rob,
          Trigger options for off camera flash, are well documented, I think it would be better to research read the views of experts rather then listen to me. :-)

Tom,
          I recently got together with a few folks for a “flash party” we duly hired a model.
          We all had canon gear, but different triggers I have the pixel kings, someone else had Pocket wizards 2 types manual and ettl.

It was decided that YN ste2 was easiest common denominator that would allow us to use 12 speed lights. An underground car- park was the location (not that challenging), we were dogged by constant misfires. When we got them all to fire it was through making compromises between the best position of the speed lights and what would work with the IR. Wasted creative snapping time, was tedious for the subject, and I was embarrassed.

There are situations were IR triggers like the ste2 are ideal. Same with built in flash controller on the 7D etc 600D etc. What were you going to use the ste2 for ?
          I think you have a Westcott Apollo, I doubt if IR would work well, if at all with that.

Trev

Comment

Trev, ste2 was for outdoors daylight use when high speed sync would come in handy. I currently have pixel king radio transmitter/receivers which are great for indoor and sync speeds 200 & below.

Tom

Comment

I currently have pixel king radio transmitter/receivers which are great for indoor and sync speeds 200 & below.
              Tom, the Pixel Kings support ettl and HSS do you mean you have the Pixel knight or bishops ?

Trev

Comment

Sorry, not the pixel, but flashwave radio transmitters. my mistake. However I am looking at the Pixel kings for ETTL as well. Since you have them how do they work?

Tom
                Last edited by tesarver; 23-10-2012, 23:12.

Comment

Hi Tom The pixel kings are ideal for my uses, ettl with FEC, 2nd curtain sync, HSS. + Manual mode.
                  I have 2 580ex 2 everything can be controlled from the back of the camera.

With my 580ex MK1 the functionality is slightly limited, eg when using manual flash I have to set power level at the flashgun.

If I was buying today, I would go for the YN 622C an amazing £60 for 2 tranceivers.

Have a look at this post by Alexma in the last post Malcolm has posted some useful info.

Trev

Comment

Thanks Trev

Tom

Comment

Ok, ordered a pair of YN 622C, should be here 10/29.

Comment

Hi Tom,
                        I hope you've weathered the storm OK

Ok, ordered a pair of YN 622C, should be here 10/29.
                        Have they arrived or been delayed due to the above ?

Trev

Comment

Hi Trev, It came today.

Tom

Comment

Tom
                            Tell us what you think of them please as I am thinking of getting some.

Comment

Ok, probably won't be till sometime next week. I haven't had the time yet to even unpack them.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X