Adobe photographer package open until 2nd Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adobe photographer package open until 2nd Dec

It is just hiring the software, but I'm happy to do that for the year rather than pay £55 to upgrade LR4 to LR5 and another £50 go from Elements 9 to Elements 11. I've never got on with Elements anyhow, I don't like how it insists I convert to 8-Bit images before it'll touch them

All the time Adobe is offering LR/CC for the equivalent of my annual upgrade costs I'll subscribe, when the prices increase I'll review my decision.

I have a 800-page book on CC, along with another 100 pages or so of downloaded PDF's sitting by my right hand which I now need to work through....
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

I have just been reading an Adobe blog where they are saying the price will not go up dramatically next year. My problem is I have elements 12 and LR5. I also have CS5 on an older machine... Not sure it is worth now spending loads of money on a monthly basis. My main usage is LR5 (which I love) but I have never been big into PS. I will hang on another year until they bring out LR6 or other must have things in PS (which will only be in the cloud).

Decision made!

Richard
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

I would't make the switch Richard if you're happy with what you are using. Photoshop CC doesn't offer much else apart form speed over CS6 and the anti-shake tool is a pure gimmick.

In fact I haven't used Photoshop CC yet, I've been that busy shooting stuff for the news lately that I've had no time to use anything other than LR to do marginal edits to WB and Caption data.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
        X