Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Photography Show

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
    Sure you are sure? I would love to see you there!

Richard
    Love to, but got to work that evening

Tom

Comment

Hi David - I might be there on Tuesday morning. If I make it I will be at the coffee bar by the cat walk at about 11.00 am. Suggest anyone else who is there at 11.00 makes for the coffee bar too. I will be the one looking lost!

David

Comment

Went today with Cory as it's her birthday, really wanted a good deal / show price on another 300 2.8 but not a lot selling kit and the best was a 3% off which still made it more expensive than WEX.

Did stop by the stand and spoke to a very nice young lady, was going to say hi to you Robert but you were in full 'sales pitch' with a lot of people around you so we left you to it. I trust all went well? The stand was busy every time we walked near which must have been a good sign.

For us it got too busy around midday so we made our way out, too many people and not enough equipment for sale, not sure what we expected but it certainly looked like a hit with the punters, the talks and displays were a popular choice for many and it was good to catch up with a few of the Loxley print guys as well as the smugmug team.

.DAVID.
        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

On my way down there in a couple of hours ,never went to the focus ones so it's a new experince ,main object to view try the tamron 150-600 .

Comment

I'll be there from midday on tuesday.
            EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Comment

I daren't go!

If I did, I would inevitably come back home with lots of "Stuff" and suffer a great deal of "tongue pie" and "ear ache" from Mrs C. Can't quite see why she gets so precious about it ....... I haven't bought any new kit for months!
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                On my way down there in a couple of hours ,never went to the focus ones so it's a new experince ,main object to view try the tamron 150-600 .
                I went yesterday and bought the Tamron, really impressed with the test shots at the show, I can't wait to get out and try it!

Colin

Comment

What are the prices like t the show?
                  EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_Ekert View Post
                    What are the prices like t the show?
                    I did not really see any deals as such, except Canon are offering double cash back for items bought at the show.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by wynbergsa View Post
                      I went yesterday and bought the Tamron, really impressed with the test shots at the show, I can't wait to get out and try it!

Colin
                      i tried the tamron out on my 60d ,will go through the pics later ,its a serious contender at the moment

Comment

I went yesterday- lots of temptation. There is a new spring cashback and the special show offer is double cashback for stuff bought at the show. Eg the 24-70 f/4L is in it, £999 at Cameraworld and Calumet, with £335 total cashback. Noticed the 5D mk111 for £1999 somewhere.

Plenty to see and do. I was talking to the MD of SRB Griturn while he was serving me, by 3pm on Saturday he was stocking out of all sorts of things.

What I never understand is why so many people feel the need to walk around the show laden down with big DSLRs fitted with big white lenses? What are they going to photograph? Is it the"look at me" male jewellery syndrome? Are they so insecure they have to prove they are "serious"?

What do you all think? Do you take equipment with you? Am I just being cynical?!!

Comment

why so many people feel the need to walk around the show laden down with big DSLRs fitted with big white lenses?
                          I never used to and like most of us here, I prefer my work to do my talking.

You are going there to see, try and possibly buy new kit. The salesperson will speak to/sell to thousands of people over the course of the event. What you are wearing around your neck is irrelevant to him. You are either going to buy from him, or not. If there is the prospect of a sale, he will spend a little more time with you. If you are a tyre kicker, he'll suss you out quick enough and move onto the next one and it doesn't matter how big a white lens you are sporting.

I think you worked it out well enough: Look at me, I'm important. We smile because we know they aren't.
                          Colin

Comment

I've normally taken some sort of camera with me to Focus, and I probably will to this one - but the only time I've taken a DSLR was when I was in the market for a bag, and wanted to be sure it would fit. Camera of choice for me is likely to be EOS M, or maybe my Pentax Q.
                            There are several people saying "bring a camera, we've loads to photograph", but I'll be using it either as a visual notebook for things that interest me but I don't want to buy there and then, or in the hope of a humerous snap or two. Might take a big bag, though, to hide any purchases from the wife. ;)
                            Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

fotospeed did me an extremely good deal on some new papers they are selling. Apparently a couple of stands weren't selling except to Trade.

I found no deals worthwhile, but I may just have looked at the wrong stands.

Apparently the organisers have booked this weekend for 5 years, so they have the opportunity to improve.
                              See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Well its the first one and its still a recession so I guess true bargains will be hard to find at this years show.

I'll still go tomorrow and I will take my 600d with the kit lens because so many people on another forum have said its wrong to do so. But I like to live by my own rules ;-)
                                EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

Working...
                                X