Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malicious software attack

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
    As I see it re reading the thread - all those effected are using IE8 . . . . . . would it not be easier to use a better / faster browser and never click on IE again?
    If only life was that simple. My company laptop has IE8 and we can't change it (my company desktop uses IE6!!).

My own laptops run Win7 with IE9 and FF13 (Haven't looked at Chrome for a while, so guess GC19 should be loaded to check it out).

Comment

As I see it re reading the thread - all those effected are using IE8
      I am using IE9 at home - I am currently looking at the forum from the office using IE8 with no apparent problem !!!!

However like Stephen, I will not be logging into forum from home again until the problems are resolved

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Not directly relevant, but reinforces the view that it is not a good idea to be using old browsers.

The Australian online retailer Kogan.com has introduced the world's first "tax" on use of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) browser.
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Now the forum software has been updated I do not seem to get the warning.

Thanks Robert.
          Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Used the forum yesterday and this morning and have received no warnings. Looks as though the problem has gone away. Fingers crossed.
            Thanks Robert

Comment

Working...
            X