How to upload images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to upload images

[QUOTE=Robert Scott;594] I need to find out why some members are having trouble enlarging thumbnails. Perhaps it is a browser incompatibility - feedback on this from members would be welcome.
    QUOTE]
    If it's any help -
    On my "home" computer trying to open a thumbnail gives me the dark screen, a stroppy message saying I haven't got permission to do that, logs me out and tells me to log on again.
    I'm now on my "works" laptop, and when I open a thumbnail on this I get the dark screen and then the larger image pops up - good quality, too.
    Home machine works through Yahoo, on the works I am using Internet Exporer (7).
    Looks like browsers might be responding in different ways.
    Cheers, Chris
    Last edited by Chris J; 23-08-2009, 16:58.
    Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Quick update following my last post - went back to my home machine and opened the Forum through Internet Explorer (8) - it behaves perfectly, opening thumbnails to give good images.
      Looks like Yahoo is causing my problems.
      Cheers, Chris.
      Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott
        Finally, I have activated a range of tools and buttons which you will see at the top of the 'Post reply' and 'Quick reply' screens. One is the requested 'Insert image' button.
        I'm still not seeing them.

Originally posted by Chris J
        Looks like browsers might be responding in different ways.
        It's probably a Flash thing. Work of the Devil :)

Regards,

Stuart
        Comment and Criticism welcome.
        Edits OK as long as they're not B&W conversions.

Comment

Hi Stuart,

Try this: Go to the User Control Panel, click the Edit Options link under the Settings & Options heading, then scroll right down to the last set of options titled Miscellaneous Options and select either Standard Editor or Enhanced Interface. If you have Basic Editor selected you won't see the icons for uploading photos.
          Andrew
          www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
          X