Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has had a 503 this week ?

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
    Could well be. I wonder what it was that cleared it out. If it was something Robert has done let's hope he can do it again as I'm unable to post again.
    I have cleared the cache again, but I doubt that will help. Do you normally stay logged in? If so, try logging out and in again.

One of the changes I have made is to disable to the member's index which was available under the 'Community' tab. It seems that this eats up resources.

The limit on the number of images you can post is 10, but this includes smilies. It might also include the website and flickr links in your signature, so trying to add seven images in a single post would have taken you close to or over the limit. I'd suggest that two or three images per post is safer.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Been trying to post images for 10mins, nae luck

Running win7, using safari, trying to post from flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Just managed to post 2 images to my Splashes thread. Wey hay. Tried to post a further 2 using the edit thread mrthod, and, not only did it givbe the 503, it erased the first two images aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh

Service Temporarily Unavailable

Define "temporarily"?
        Last edited by digiman; 19-12-2013, 07:14.

Comment

Hi Gary

Thought i would try and help and post the image from flickr for you, as 503 has disappeared for me but...............no its back again, so it would appear nothing changes

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thought i would try and help and post the image from flickr for you, as 503 has disappeared for me but...............no its back again, so it would appear nothing changes
            update, have been able to post the shot from my work computer without 503 problems - so is it the different computer or just the time difference

Stan
            Last edited by Stan; 19-12-2013, 09:57.

flickr

Comment

Just tried again to post images. Error came up. Left the page. Looked at "New Posts". Checked my thread, and images were actually there. What the h*** is going on with this thing.....

Comment

Thanks Stan by the way!!

Comment

Me trying to post 7 images in one post may have actually screwed it up for everyone. If that's what's happened then at least we're getting closer to understanding it.
                  Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
                    Me trying to post 7 images in one post may have actually screwed it up for everyone. If that's what's happened then at least we're getting closer to understanding it.
                    I tried one at a time and it was working, then the whole lot dissapeared on the 4th image, so seems unlikely

Comment

I tried one at a time and it was working, then the whole lot dissapeared on the 4th image, so seems unlikely
                      there seems to be no standard reason at all

BTW I meant to say earlier that I was able to post from the work computer an hour after not being able to post from home

Stan

flickr

Comment

Can't post a link to flickr either now! Is it a flickr to forum issue?

Comment

Tried all day yesterday and again this morning Text first then image then image and text sometimes I can preview post but never can I post new thread

Until 2 days ago I did not understand what the fuss was about but I do now

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                            Just tried again to post images. Error came up. Left the page. Looked at "New Posts". Checked my thread, and images were actually there. What the h*** is going on with this thing.....
                            That's not a bug, Garry, it's a 'feature'!

You'll sometimes see 2 posts the same, together, and I think this is why!

Mike
                            flickr
                            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                              The limit on the number of images you can post is 10, but this includes smilies. It might also include the website and flickr links in your signature
                              Robert, that seems extremely restrictive no matter what the frequency (is that per post, per hour? per day? per week?) and might explain why the more active members are most frequently hit.

Can it be removed?

Thanks
                              Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMackie View Post
                                Robert, that seems extremely restrictive no matter what the frequency (is that per post, per hour? per day? per week?) and might explain why the more active members are most frequently hit.

Can it be removed?

Thanks
                                Andy
                                It is per post. Is that restrictive? It does not seem so to me. Why would you want to add 10 or more images to a single post?

However, I have removed the limit to see what happens.
                                Robert
                                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X