Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: End Of Year Showcase 2011 - Full results and information about kit used

Graydon.

Thank you for doing this. Please say that your going to give it a crack next year.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

I'm well impressed with the 1d mk4 results, for a budget camera to come second.
      CANON 1000D EF-S18-55MM f/3.5-5.6: EF 75-300MM F/4-5.6

Comment

Wow, what an effort Graydon, than you so much for organising all this!

Comment

I echo all the plaudits you so richley deserve Graydon, the whole showcase and the recent data you collated was quite a commitment on your part, and gave us all a lot of pleasure, "2012 yes please" if you are up to it.

Ray

Comment

Thanks everyone - it was my pleasure.

Now .... I have emailed out Avatars to the winners and top ten runners up. Hope they will use them proudly! :)
            Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
            EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

thanks and job well done Graydon. This is great and would really love this to be run again. It's a challenge for us to improve our skills
              regards
              Donald

Comment

Just a note about Avatars...
                These are not for the photos, but for the 'entrants'.
                I thought it a good idea to allow the top ten 'People' to display this Avatar. So I grouped the top x people, and removed the duplicates (people with more than one photo) to give me the top ten unique entrants - not pictures.
                There were no prizes for this showcase, so this is something that would hopefully encourage people to enter next year, and certainly not obligatory! :)
                Hope that makes sense.
                Graydon

Comment

Thanks for the "Badge of Honour" Graydon, I'm just checking that I've been able to sort it out properly
                  My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

It was interesting to note the number of crop cameras that appeared in the first 16. Is this a sign of the times?
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Graydon, if the avatar incorporated the year then those who won in more than one year could proudly display all their gongs. Just like those wines with all their 'Prix Concours' printed on their labels! but maybe the forum setup couldn't cope with multiple avatars.
                      Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Originally posted by ax2010@eircom.net View Post
                        Graydon, if the avatar incorporated the year then those who won in more than one year could proudly display all their gongs. Just like those wines with all their 'Prix Concours' printed on their labels! but maybe the forum setup couldn't cope with multiple avatars.
                        Hi Garrett, I had this incorporated in an early version but left the testing too late and the date ended up too small.

Comment

Hi Graydon! I have yet to enter any of the contests but I would like to add that I enjoyed following the show case and look forward to the next one

kind regards ro all
                          Alun

Comment

I'm looking forward to next year and even more great pictures.

Comment

Working...
                            X