End Of Year Showcase 2012 - Category Winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: End Of Year Showcase 2012 - Category Winners

Great pictures all. Colin's a machine, I'm sure the camera is a part of him like some sort of Canon built Terminator!

Thanks Graydon I'll be back to lose again next year!
    TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I suggest for the 2013 competition, if Graydon is prepared to run it again,is to ban the first three, so that the standards could be lowered!!
      What am I saying/suggesting. Talking shop as usual

P.S if Graydon has the time, it would help the contestants if he could give the number of votes cast for the others- without mentioning names but perhaps by picture reference.This would certainly help the contestants to "up" the bar next time round.
      Last edited by Nathaniel; 12-01-2013, 14:57.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

P.S if Graydon has the time, it would help the contestants if he could give the number of votes cast for the others- without mentioning names but perhaps by picture reference.
        Hmmm, that could also be counterproductive if your particular photo ended up with nil votes. What about those that may have missed out by 1 vote? Whilst everyone would like to analyse the votes for different reasons, there are equally compelling reasons not to.

I suggest we leave that information with Graydon, continue entering our best work every year and keep our fingers crossed for the results. Far more exciting that way.
        Colin

Comment

I suggest we leave that information with Graydon, continue entering our best work every year and keep our fingers crossed for the results. Far more exciting that way. [/QUOTE]

Agreed - Congratulations to all those who got a winner & to Colin for the superb overall winner.
          I think we all can say thanks to those who entered images which to help inspire and educate no matter what level of experience we might have.

Well done also to Graydon, same again later this year?

Bob
          Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

What an exceptional set of images. Congratulations to the winners and all the participants.

With special thanks and a Tommy two Thumbs to Graydon for the time and effort that the organisation of this showcase must have taken him.
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Brilliant EOYS - Well done Graydon for getting us all straightened out.

Great entries across the board. Very high standard of photos. Congratulations to all the category winners. Well deserved!
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

End Of Year Showcase 2012 - Category Winners

Well done again Colin! And thanks to everyone for entering
                regards
                Donald

Comment

Wow - what a wonderful set of winners and runners-up! But I found there were so many brilliant images that it was very hard to vote, so well done everyone who entered. Of course, a huge thanks is due to Graydon for brilliant organisation. Trouble is Graydon, you do such a good job that no-one else would ever dare take it over from you!
                  Diana

Comment

Originally posted by DianaS View Post
                    Wow - what a wonderful set of winners and runners-up! But I found there were so many brilliant images that it was very hard to vote, so well done everyone who entered. Of course, a huge thanks is due to Graydon for brilliant organisation. Trouble is Graydon, you do such a good job that no-one else would ever dare take it over from you!
                    Diana

Comment

I just learned today that my entry won under the sports category. I am very humbled and thankful of the warm welcome here in this forum since I entered last year. Thank you everyone for the appreciation. Keep shooting!
                      RODEL JOSELITO B. MANABAT
                      500px | Facebook | Flickr | Giving Light

Comment

I just learned today that my entry won under the sports category.
                        If you think about it, you have won the Sports Category of an International Competition. That has to be some very serious bragging rights.
                        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                          P.S if Graydon has the time, it would help the contestants if he could give the number of votes cast for the others- without mentioning names but perhaps by picture reference.This would certainly help the contestants to "up" the bar next time round.
                          Originally posted by colin C View Post
                          Hmmm, that could also be counterproductive if your particular photo ended up with nil votes. What about those that may have missed out by 1 vote? Whilst everyone would like to analyse the votes for different reasons, there are equally compelling reasons not to.

I suggest we leave that information with Graydon, continue entering our best work every year and keep our fingers crossed for the results. Far more exciting that way.
                          I agree with Colin; I'm much happier sitting here in the sure and certain knowledge that I came 4th in every category that I entered. Ignorance is so under-rated...
                          Canon EOS 7D
                          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I'm much happier sitting here in the sure and certain knowledge that I came 4th in every category that I entered.
                            Quite right too.
                            Colin

Comment

I'm much happier sitting here in the sure and certain knowledge that I came 4th in every category that I entered
                              Ah **** now I missed out on 4th as well!!!

I agree with Alex though, pleased to haven taken part amongst such accomplished photographers.

Andrew
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X