Photo Challenge 37, Neglect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Challenge 37, Neglect

Not a problem Jackie ... hope he's better soon.
    Regards
    Graydon
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

You have your priorities right, the challange can wait, I hope the little lad gets better soon and it's nothing too serious.

Ray

Comment

He's all better but sadly given it to me never mind, rather me than him! Thank you for all your kind words.

Right here we go.

Thanks for all your entries, some fabulous shots.

DianaS - love your interpretation. Poor ducks, lucky for us but not lovely weather for them!
        Wagonpics - nice attempt but the composition let down the image for me. Thank you for sharing :)
        Katokid - thanks for your entries, good photo's however they were not taken during the competition so I was unable to include them
        Mazzie - well spotted, I think I'd rather chance a bush for a toilet break!
        The Real Swoosh - again a good interpretation, such a shame someone would do that.

3rd Place - AX2010 ... I love this image, it looks great in black and white and fits the brief. My only criticism is the editing around the trees. Very good entry.

I was really torn between first and second place, very close but ...

2nd Place - jonesgj ... This was so close to being my favourite just for the simplicity and interpretation of the challenge. Love the compisition and almost lack of saturation.

So first place is ***** tesarver *** for me this image really told a story. Love the composition and contrast. An excellent spot!

I hope I included everyone, sorry if I missed a photo! But thanks to all who entered and tesarver it's over to you.

Comment

First things first. Delighted, Jackie, that your youngster is on the mend - even at the price of a dose for you. And thanks for a good testing subject and for your judging.

Congratulations, tesarver. A great picture and beautifully captured and composed. Well done. The gent in question looks as if he has a great attitude to his state of neglect! It's over to you now and I don't envy you the setting and judging of the competition.
          Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Jackie, Glad your lad is better. Sorry should have read the rules , I shall know next time. Congratulations to tesarver for his capture and to everyone else for their pics I thought they were all grat and I am glad I didn't have to pick a winner.
            Col

Comment

Jackie, in echoing other's I too am glad that you son is on the mend. Thank you for taking time out from attending to him and judging these photos. I am truly humbled that you have selected mine over the other's great photos. So I will be posting in a couple of days the next challenge

Tom

Comment

Well done Tom - thought it was a winner as soon as it was posted!! Thanks for the judging Jackie, hope your little boy is making progress -- how old is he?
                Di

Comment

Well done to all who entered and congratulations to Tesarver.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Glad your little lad is on the mend Jackie, well done to all who entered the challange, and special congrats to Tesarver well deserved winner.

Ray

Comment

You're welcome tesarver, a worthy winner!

Thanks to all who wished my little boy better, he's 4 going on 14 and a handful and a terrible poser for the camera!

Comment

Thanks for organising Jackie. Well done and congratulations to Tesarver
                        Graydon

Comment

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I have posted the next challenge. Good luck and happy shooting.

Comment

I must submit my humble Appoligy. It was pointed out to me that my photo was taken before the start of the competition, thus making my photo invalid. Therefore I cannot in good faith accept 1st place, therefore the winner is jonesgj.

Tom

Comment

Honourable but sad! It seems to be a quite frequent occurrence that people slip up on the rules. The rules being the rules, however, I suppose it is fair that Graydon takes over Challenge 38. That doesn't in any way take from the outstanding quality of tesarver's photo.

If I might make a suggestion: the subject "Peace", proposed by tesarver seems very apt for the time of year and I have a natural tendency to favour B&W pics (see my signature), so I suggest that these criteria stand for Challenge No. 38 and that just the judging be transferred to Graydon.

This is purely a personal suggestion and I won't lose any sleep if it is rejected by others.
                              Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Hi Tom / Garrett / Forum,

So sorry to be in this situation. I thought Tom's picture was a worthy winner. I also think Garrett's suggestion is a nice idea providing no one, including Tom, has any objections.

As Tom has kicked off the competition I propose we let it run with that thread and the timescales - so it's started.

A nice "Peace"-ful way forward I hope.

:)

Graydon

Comment

Working...
                                X