Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS Magazine Forum Showcase 2011 - ** VOTING **

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

I have uploaded all the entries for the EOS Magazine Forum Showcase 2011 and we have 60 brilliant photos to review.

Click here to go to the album

A big thank you to all of those who have submitted their work.

Remember this is just for fun and not for C&C; we are just voting for the ones we like best.

The full rules are here...but here's the least you need to know about voting:
    • Email your top five to me at photo_63@hotmail.co.uk.
    • Only forum members can vote and you must give me you forum name in your email.
    • Vote for your favourite five indicating these as follows: Five points to first choice, four to second choice, three to third choice, two to fourth choice and one to fifth choice. Please be clear about this in your email using the picture titles for reference.
    • Votes will be accepted up to midnight on the 31st January 2012.
    • Results will be announced early in the 1st week of February 2012.
    • The pictures will be removed from the temporary Album before the end of March 2012.

Some other things to note:
    • I have entered, as per the rules, and I am happy to submit the votes to an independent reviewer if required.
    • I will be deleting the email addresses used to send me pictures and or votes at the end of March 2012.

Graydon
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: EOS Magazine Forum Showcase 2011 - ** VOTING **

Graydon

What is most impressive about the EOYS, even more than the wonderful collection of pictures, is the incredible efficiency with which you have conducted the whole thing. You are to be heartily congratulated and thanked.

One suggestion; is it possible to view thumbnails of all the submissions on screen at once? There are so many great shots that by the time one views the 23rd or 39th or whichever, the earlier shots become somewhat blurred in the mind.
    Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Graydon,

A Happy New Year to you. Congrats for doing this show case. A great effort. Well done. I only hope you don't disappear like our old friend MILLIE!!!!

It might be a good idea for members not to vote for their own pics.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by ax2010@eircom.net View Post
        Graydon

What is most impressive about the EOYS, even more than the wonderful collection of pictures, is the incredible efficiency with which you have conducted the whole thing. You are to be heartily congratulated and thanked.
        I'd like to second that congratulations... job very well done so far! Some great shots on there... it might take me a while to decide on top 5... but I've got a month!

HNY! All the best, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Yes Well done Graydon and all those who entered...............it crossed my mind to enter this morning but I left it a few hours too late

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Graydon, another thank you for the hard work that you have put into this. You have done a fabulous job and there are some great pictures in the collection.
            Last edited by Muscat; 01-01-2012, 17:56. Reason: typo

Comment

Echoing other comments - thank you vey much, Graydon, very well organised, and now what a task to vote on so many and varied images! As Mike says, at least we have got a month!!

Comment

Just wanted to add my thanks. Very well organised and executed. Some fantastic photos too, so well done to all that sent them in.
                Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Echoing other, well done Graydon. Great job of putting this event together. There is also some very good photos, so a big thanks to those that also submitted.

Tom

Comment

A big thanks from me too.
                    Last edited by Hereford_EOS2; 01-01-2012, 23:40.

Comment

My congratulations too Graydon.

The whole event was well thought out, well executed and successfull: three key ingredients for any project to succeed.

Reading between the lines, I suspect there were a few moments of concern/panic, when entries weren't coming in as fast as you would hope, but as with any worthy endeavour it worked out very well on the night.

Kind regards

Colin
                      Last edited by colin C; 02-01-2012, 16:48.
                      Colin

Comment

One suggestion; is it possible to view thumbnails of all the submissions on screen at once? There are so many great shots that by the time one views the 23rd or 39th or whichever, the earlier shots become somewhat blurred in the mind.
                        Perhaps I was still asleep when I wrote that but the first time I went to the gallery of photos submitted I don't remember that there were thumbnails. Anyway, it's now perfect. Easy to view individually or in groups to compare pictures. Even if I didn't have to choose five favourites I'd enjoy looking at them.
                        Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Well done Graydon for the efficiency, didnt expect the album to be ready so soon. really great shots here and thank goodness we have month to vote!
                          regards
                          Donald

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the kind comments. It's really great that everyone seems to have enjoyed this so far - thats what it's all about. I know I have enjoyed looking at the pictures as they arrived. Colin, yes there were a few days when I thought the showcase may not be as well supported as it needed to be but - wow, what a response.

Votes are trickling through so let's keep this thread bumped every now-and-then so we don't lose fous.

I wonder which picture will be chosen as favourite?

Graydon
                            Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                            EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Graydon. Adding to what everyone else has said. Well done on how you have ran this End of Year Showcase and thank you.
                              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X