Jacobs sad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacobs sad news

Actually I miss Pictorialist (Euro Foto Centre) who were down Cowley way the most of all. They had a vast warehouse full of goodies you could play with and in the last few years were as cheap as anybody for cameras. (They went away some time ago, were a family business and they just called it quits I think due to age as much as anything, but I've never seen another shop with even 1/4 the stock they had.)

I will miss Jacobs enormously if they don't survive.

I guess part of the problem is people play with the kit in the shop and then buy online. (I have no problem with people just buying online, but I think if the shop is in the ball-park on price then buy there, it's better if you have a problem and if you don't then it won't be there in the future.)

John

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
      I guess part of the problem is people play with the kit in the shop and then buy online. (I have no problem with people just buying online, but I think if the shop is in the ball-park on price then buy there, it's better if you have a problem and if you don't then it won't be there in the future.)

John
      I agree with you, some people like to go into stores have a play with the kit, then walk out and buy online. The time is coming soon when the option of going in store will be gone, and we will be throwing a coin up in the air and hoping we have made the right choice online.

John

Comment

Not even listing canon products now

.DAVID.
        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This shop is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the street 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-SHOP!!

Anyway RIP Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
          X