Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Critics

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
    I'll feel better when I'm using DPP, Photoshop & LR less and photographing more.
    To me photography is as much about the developing as it is about the taking. Maybe that is because I used to be a darkroom junkie! I don't think the answer is only in photographs straight out of the camera. I can understand why some pros might aspire to that, but post exposure has always been important. That said, I am less interventionist than some!

Best

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Paul,
      What an open and honest post. In the modern idiom "thank you for sharing that"!

You're absolutely right. A modern DSLR (even set at "Best Shot") will produce images that some will adore. The head swells.
      But then one begins to display one's apparent incredible skill to the professionals. The expression "chopped off at the knees" comes to mind.

If I dig deep enough, I now know inside me if an image I've shot is worth offering to this (or other) forums. So I try now only to post those with (to me) some merit, either because of the quality of the image or the "story" (sorry but I'm hot on the story).

I really think you should not "take offence" at any criticism - I don't need to be a GP to diagnose the flu, and I/the populus can surely have views on art, literature etc. without being able to paint, write novels and the like.

Please keep posting. I like a lot of your pictures, and I will comment if I have something (which I feel might be helpful) to say. I'd appreciate it if you and the other forum contributors continue to reciprocate.
      Russell
      Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Paulstw, Those that can, do. Those that can't, criticise! This was told to me many years ago by a rather well known theatre critic who made a career out of being a critic because, in his words he 'couldn't act for toffee'.
        Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Comment

Working...
        X