Hunting or photographing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hunting or photographing?

I haven't seen the FB comments but they are clearly obnoxious people. This is the trouble with the Internet. It gives everyone a voice, an anonymous voice and they abuse the privilege. I was tooted at yesterday by a young girl driver for being hesitant. If we had been pedestrians she wouldn't have dared swear at me - the equivelent of tooting or internet trolling. Too many people have forgotten that we live in a society and have to behave in a social manner. Take the visiting rat in my garden. If I mention him to the neighbors the poison will be there the next day. He lives in the woodland beside the garden and does no harm.
    Paul. Take heart that here at least you are among admirers and if we all met up, probably would be friends.

Comment

This is/has been a very interesting thread. so many good suggestions have been aired by the members and so "well done"! coming to my good neighbour friend (yes, I can call him so and he won't mind) from Flintshire, I am quite sure you don't know where this Dipper's nest is. Certainly not in my regular haunts. Re what Paul and Sooty has mentioned about the internet, it is my main reason and objection that I never post pictures of my grand children or my family,nor do I make any comments, much as I like to, as I don't encourage my family members being oogled at or commented upon- favourably or unfavourably.(only a very few have seen them and that is because I wanted a big favour done for me, which I couldn't do via PSE). This is my personal opinion.

In general I mind my own business and do not interfere in other people's lives and I would like the same for me as well.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Good comments Sooty Iagree with everything you've said, I was looking on Talk Photography the other day and I couldn't believe how vitriolic some of the comments on there were nasty, arrogant and aggressive now I'm not saying they're all like that but it was a place I wouldn't visit to often, because I'd been bought a new camera and two L lenses for my birthday yesterday I was just advising that the company I dealt with were brilliant even delivered one of the lenses in person so as it didn't miss my birthday yesterday, and because I dont post much on there It was suggested that I had an ulterior motive ie was employed by said company. whereas on here everyone is respectful and takes everything in good spirit and I've yet to see any fall out, and as you say they hide behind the anonymity of the internet, Its said that if you cant say something in a pub then dont say it on the internet

Kind Regards

Comment

Gord, agree with the comments you make. I'm on quite a few different forums for a lot of different interests. In the main people seem to be quite considerate and apologise when they over step the mark.

You do find some forums where the feedback is both unhelpful and insulting.

If there is one thing I can genuinely say about this forum is that comments are constructive, helpful and most importantly well intentioned. Whilst I've not met anyone on here face to face I feel like I'm with friends. You've only got to see the help and support that's freely given here to see this is one of the friendliest places.
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

antoeknee I too am on a few different forums with different interests and can honestly say this forum stands head and shoulders above any of them, theres no egos everyones helpful and friendly, no hidden agendas just how an internet forum should be but in my experience none are as good as this and some are decidedly a lot worse

Kind Regards
            Gordon

Comment

its the way of the world these days unfortunately ,and theres nothing like a good online spat to increase viewing numbers to as i found out when i used to be a moderator on other forums .lets hope this one stays as is

Comment

Working...
              X