Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All change again :)

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
    Know the feeling just got the green light for a new lens as well ,got two choices wil decide later today ,researching like mad at the moment
    would one of those be the 150-600 sport by any chance ;o)
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

yes ian it was ,but after thinking space/time etc i have put it on hold for the moment .the weight being the main issue the second being that i have noticed that the ones sold on amazon (when in stock) went for around £300 under RRP rather than just £100 everywhere else .no hurry on this so back burner time again

Comment

I'm pretty much sold on the 300 2.8. A lot of folk have said to get the new Sigma 120-300 Sport, as it's kicking ass and taking names, but not on paper. I just can't decide whether I should get the 1DIV or the 7D2. I'm keeping the 5D3 of course. I usually keep my position at pitchside fairly consistent as I like the images of folk running towards me.

Capture_pitch.JPG

The areas marked in red are my fave spots, the 70-200 covers well up to the halfway line, but beyond that and I may as well go home lol. It's going to be an expensive mistake if I get it wrong.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

have you ever been hit by a ball? I've seen some pretty full on accidents between togs and balls/players

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Nah, Kris Boyd of Rangers slid into me once. I put my bag in front of me so they can slide into it and not me. The pro league stuff means they keep the ball on target most of the time. Lower league stuff and you tend to sit behind the advert banners lol. It's not the players you need to worry about, it's the other togs.

One guy got the subs to warm up in front of me for about 10 mins. I couldn't see a thing. He just smirked at me. You're not allowed to move during the game either lol.
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post

One guy got the subs to warm up in front of me for about 10 mins. I couldn't see a thing. He just smirked at me. You're not allowed to move during the game either lol.
              really !! that must be very frustrating if you set up at the wrong end LOL

Comment

Yes it's a game either of experience or pure luck. For instance that FA cup game with Chelsea. All the togs were at the Chelsea end thinking it was going to be an onslaught and no one was at the Bradford City end. I make a decision at the start, pick my side and stay there the whole game. I get a mix of both sides. Now I need to be able to cover the other half too so hence the need for extra kit :)
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
                X