• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IDXii

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
    no you won't - but when are we going to see it roll out
    I'm really not sure when.
    But it will be Canons trump card so i think that's why there's not a lot of info coming out?

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
      I'm really not sure when.
      But it will be Canons trump card so i think that's why there's not a lot of info coming out?

Paul
      Let's hope so!!!
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
        Let's hope so!!!
        But then again its Canon were talking about so lets keep both feet well and truly on the ground lol.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

But then again its Canon were talking about so lets keep both feet well and truly on the ground lol.

Paul
          will be so disappointed if that IDx II sensor doesn't go into it
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I can't wait to see your reaction Ian when the spec finally comes out, will you be jumping for joy or crying yourself to sleep ? think you better get that pillow ready

Paul

Comment

Paul
              From time to time they really do pull a rabbit out of the hat!

I thought (and still think) that the 5Diii is a stonking good camera - far above my abilities, but nevertheless I really love it. If I had carte blanche for improvements, it would be around even better low light capabilities. I am really not fussed by frame rate, MP count (I have rarely found the pixel count a problem - hence my reluctance to go for the big MP 5D's - apart from the matter of cash!!!). I am not bothered by video much. I suppose anything that improves on focus is good: many more points working at f8.0 for example, and perhaps a wider spread across the frame. Oh and those pesky red squares that are black sometimes! I don't care about wifi or GPS.

Maybe a few grams off the weight.

Oh - and here is the real wish: a "competitive" price hahahaha

Richard
              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

I can't wait to see your reaction Ian when the spec finally comes out, will you be jumping for joy or crying yourself to sleep ? think you better get that pillow ready

Paul
                nope I'm full of confidence

I thought (and still think) that the 5Diii is a stonking good camera - far above my abilities, but nevertheless I really love it. If I had carte blanche for improvements, it would be around even better low light capabilities. I am really not fussed by frame rate, MP count (I have rarely found the pixel count a problem - hence my reluctance to go for the big MP 5D's - apart from the matter of cash!!!). I am not bothered by video much. I suppose anything that improves on focus is good: many more points working at f8.0 for example, and perhaps a wider spread across the frame. Oh and those pesky red squares that are black sometimes! I don't care about wifi or GPS.

Richard
                agree video can go, its a still camera not a video, in fact I've never turned mine onto video mode. competitive price glad your laughing going to be 3k plus
                Last edited by Tigger; 16-02-2016, 15:58.

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Richard
                  I'm generally with you Richard other that the faster frame rate which for me would be a nice feature, though i do understand it's not really a camera for fast action though i can get by with 6fps at the moment but 8 or 10fps would be a selling point for me. MP count is again of no real interest but i know this will go up (guessing about 28 megapixels) the downer for me is when it comes to editing all my shots it's going to kill me.
                  So that's why maybe for me a second hand 1Dx might be my best move as I'm not doing editorial events at the moment just sports.
                  We'll just have to wait and see how tasty the new 5D will be.

Paul

Comment

I'm generally with you Richard other that the faster frame rate which for me would be a nice feature, though i do understand it's not really a camera for fast action though i can get by with 6fps at the moment but 8 or 10fps would be a selling point for me. MP count is again of no real interest but i know this will go up (guessing about 28 megapixels) the downer for me is when it comes to editing all my shots it's going to kill me.
                    So that's why maybe for me a second hand 1Dx might be my best move as I'm not doing editorial events at the moment just sports.
                    We'll just have to wait and see how tasty the new 5D will be.

Paul
                    yes but in theory the better sensor will give you more speed which in your game I would have thought a large factor when considering bodies

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                      yes but in theory the better sensor will give you more speed which in your game I would have thought a large factor when considering bodies
                      I will have to get back to you tomorrow on that comment as i have to go out now.

Paul

Comment

Hi Ian
                        Its my computer that just won't be able to cope with any larger Image files i already shoot at Mraw to save a little time on uploads, plus prints i do only go up to a max of 12x8 though can still be printed at A3 without a problem if required.

So i do worry a little it will come with a big 28/36megapixel sensor and only 5fps but i am excited to see what Canon turns up with and hopefully i can fit it into my needs as the MKIII has done a great job for me so far.

Paul

Comment

well we will soon ( I hope) find out - pillows ready

Comment

Working...
                          X