No announcement yet.

EOS End of Year Showcase, anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in, and thanks to those taking time to set it up. I will consult some of my computer tech guy to try and help out more next year.

Comment

Hello everyone !

I have to say I despaired of the forum returning at all. Now that it is here I am not quite sure finding my way around or if uploading from flickr is the same as before. No doubt I’ll get the hang of it in time.

With all the time out I had presumed the showcase wouldn’t happen this year so was not prepared for the recent posts

However I am keen to support the venture and as Peter has been kind enough to assure me of his support in hosting images then let’s go ahead and make it happen
      • Get your thinking caps on for your best 5 images.
      • There will be 9 judging categories
      • Images may be sent to me after 01.01.20 but must have been taken in the calendar year 2019
      • You will need to have made a minimum post count of 10 by 31.12.19. Any newcomers are welcome, get some posts in if you have been shy until now
      • I will post more details in the next day or so, so that the rules are clear re categories, closing dates etc

Meanwhile- I’m sorry to rush this but obviously I had hoped for more time to put to the members a couple of thoughts I have had re scoring.

Last year and in previous years we scored 9 points for best image from each category then 8,7,6, etc down to 1 point for the final image
      • This year I propose 10 points for your absolute best image, then 8 points, 7,6 5 etc for your second third, fourth choice etc . Think Formula 1 – this gives a points boost for being Best of the Best and I think it would be appropriate here too.
      • If there is only 1 entry in a category (which has been known to happen) then previous years’ scoring has meant that it HAD to receive at least 1 point from every member that voted- this created a potential for ill-deserved and hence top-heavy votes. We don’t want to eliminate a solo entry- after all it could be the best in show! My suggestion would be to allow members to vote 1 or 0 points for their final image which would mean they could bestow anything full marks to zero for a solo category entry. Obviously I’m hoping there will be lots in each and this doesn’t arise but this is just to flag up my thoughts and if anyone has any better suggestions I’d be glad to hear them

And a Happy Christmas to you all too ! ……………………… Bo x
      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Let’s get going then, set a start date Bo.

Comment

I did.......January 1st. ...get your best images sorted ! But watch this space and I’ll set it all out properly in the next few days

Comment

A bit late with this but count me in as well. Merry Xmas everyone.
            http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Merry Christmas all, I thought I had replied positively do not see my post so yes please I am IN,

Comment

I'm in
                Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

You will need to have made a minimum post count of 10 by 31.12.19. Any newcomers are welcome, get some posts in if you have been shy until now
                  Do the posts made before the forum went down counted

Comment

Originally posted by CasaRova View Post
                    Do the posts made before the forum went down count?
                    Looks like our new revamped Forum has carried them over, so none of the current members should be restricted by the minimum 10 posts.

Colin

Comment

I’ll certainly do my best to enter!
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

• Images may be sent to me after 01.01.20 but must have been taken in the calendar year 2019
                        season greeting all. I hope I'm not asking to much, could you please give us a specific address to send entries. thanks

Comment

Me again sorry for my ignorance,please explain max/min photo size , (800px max to accord with Forum rules)

Comment

Originally posted by CasaRova View Post
                            Me again sorry for my ignorance,please explain max/min photo size , (800px max to accord with Forum rules)
                            For the Showcase entries the size in Pixels (px) is 1024 on the longest side. The Showcase entries won’t be hosted on this forum. When Barbara has received (via email) all of the entries they will be hosted elsewhere and when the voting opens Barbara will create a post to explain how to vote and supply links out of the forum to a site where the entries will be visible.IHTH
                            Peter

Feel free to browse my
                            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Looks like you're all champing at the bit!
                              1. Yes total posts count since the day you joined, that's the figure shown under your avatar
                              2. I will explain the size of the image that you should send to me
                              3. I will give you an e mail address to send your images to.

Bear with me I will post all details shortly

Comment

I'm up for it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X