No announcement yet.

Other photography journals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said this about the magazine about four issues ago and was assured by admin that this was not true that dslr was still very heavily featured and would continue to do so, after all the years of owning the 7d mk2 , I am still learning and some from the articles in the magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
      I must admit that while it does very much feel like the EOS mag is over centred on mirrorless one has to consider that there is nothing new in the world of EOS DSLRs to talk about; no new cameras, no new features, nothing... As it stands the EOS DSLR has gone as far as it's going and the future has no mirror - any radically new techniques are inevitably going to be be based on mirrorless tech and that's the way of it.

Beyond that there's still plenty of features about photography in general that apply to all to keep me happy at any rate.

Thinking back I seem to remember similar comments flying around as digital replaced film...
      You're right El Sid to compare the transition from film to mirrorless. At EOS magazine we do recognise and respect that you as subscribers will be using models from across the vast EOS range and, as such, we try hard to get the balance right between discussing the new technology and including articles relevant to all cameras. After all, the magazine is all about getting more from your existing gear. But we're technologically curious too (aka nerdy), and believe that knowing how it all works is important to understanding and using your camera's features.

If anyone is interested, these are the results from the last How Do You EOS? survey which we ran in 2021. At that time, around 20% of respondents were using mirrorless. The EOS R5 and R6 had been out around nine months at that time, but there were production shortages. We'll be running the survey again in the next issue – October-December 2023 – so it will be really interesting to see how much that has shifted.
      https://www.eos-magazine.com/survey/

Of course, we have always and will always maintain that if you are getting the results you want from your current gear, then why change? For some subjects, such as landscape and close-up and macro, the techniques are identical regardless of mirrorless or DSLR, but it's with moving subjects that there's a significant change.

Comment

There are so few magazines to choose from, Professional Photographer- Gone, Advanced Photographer - Gone, Digital SLR Photography - Gone, need I go on. Amateur Photographer is OK for information and news but isn't very technical. I have cancelled my subscription to EOS magazine as of the end of this year as I no longer have any Canon kit. The content of the magazine is, quite rightly, focused on the latest and greatest from the Canon stable and does an excellent job, but doesn't have sufficient general photography content to justify my contuing the subscription. I may yet change my mind as it is a a damned good read.
        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Have you tried Black and White photography Black+White Photography magazine - Subscribe - GMC Publications (gmcsubscriptions.com)
          or from the same publisher - outdoor photography Outdoor Photography Magazine Subscription Offers UK

B+W is more arty.....I've bought both on and off....
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks to al of you for the tips. I certainly am an EOS mag reader since day one. Since so many good photography journals are gone (for ever?) I decided that I will continue with only EOS magazine, even though I do not intend to purchase mirrorless gear.
            EOS 5D MK IV, EF 50/f1.4, EF 100/f2.8 Macro, EF20/f2.8, EF24-105/f4L IS, EF 100-400/f4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E24/f3.5L, EF 75-300/f4-5.6, Canon Extender EF 2X II, Sigma 12-24mm/f4.4-5.6.

Comment

Working...
            X