Sad day in Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad day in Photography

It’s a sad day when a once-mighty company like Eastman Kodak Co. is reported to be filing bankruptcy in the next few weeks.

Re: Sad day in Photography

It is indeed a very sad day, having used their slide films for many many years. Thanks for sharing this sad news.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well Chapter 11 should keep the wolves away whilst they try and sell their Patent library. Who recalls that Canon's early digital models (the EOS D2000 and D6000) were 'powered by Kodak'. Then Kodak seemed to lose the plot with digital.

For color (sic) I used Kodak most of the time, for B&W it was Ilford (except for Kodak 2475 Recording film) and IR it was Kodak High Speed Infrared.

Comment

I agree with MX5 Chapter 11 should keep them afloat for a while and I hope they can survive. It is the poor pensioners that I fear may suffer the most if they do fail completely, particularly in the US.

Very much as MX notes for his choice of films mine mirrored them exactly, loved the old IR film that was great.

Comment

What is Chapter 11?
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
            What is Chapter 11?
            Sort of protected bankruptcy --- see Wiki on Chapter 11

Comment

Chapter 11 is an American protection scheme that means you have a certain amount of time to try and sort out your finances and prevents any of your creditors making major claims against your company or forcing bankruptcy proceedings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter...ed_States_Code have a look at this link

Comment

MX you just beat me to it

Comment

I have not used a Kodak product for many years.
                  In today's fast-moving markets a company must keep up and be innovative and profitable.
                  If they disappeared would I miss them? ... No.

Comment

MX5/Muscat -Thanks for the explanation of Chapter 11. Info added to my learning curve.

Comment

Working...
                    X