Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New member camera dilemma

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
    If you go ahead and buy a previously enjoyed 7D ... do a factory reset (to clear any settings the previous owner used - the manual explains how to do it) and take both batteries out and leave for 24hrs ... charge the main LP-E6 battery and get a new button battery. This way you are starting from a known configuration.

I had a 7D for 4 years and it was a good camera ... but do ask questions on here if you aren't pleased with the results ... the 7D can be quite complex (and even intimidating to some) ... as you'll get a steer as to what settings to use.
    Spot on MX - the 7D (im an idiot and can use it) is the way to go. pop up screens and GPS is all a tad gimicky.....just take good pics.

Comment

Hello Kacey and welcome to the forum.

The 7D is indeed a great camera and well built but the 600D is also a very capable camera.
      Is the lens a 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens?
      If yes then you'll want to upgrade to something a bit better for the 7D, thinking 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 17-40mm f/4L, 24-105mm f/4L IS.
      I will endorse the 7D any day of the week but the 600D is also a great camera.
      On eBay the 7D is selling (2nd-hand) for £400+ (generally £500-£550)
      £800.00 for a 2nd-hand 7D + 18-55mm lens is a bit steep, in my honest opinion.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Welcome
        ef-r

Comment

Hi,
          Welcome,I can not offer advice on which camera,I am a novice with DSLR but I am happy with my 700D.

Di
          Di

Comment

I loved my 600D and found that the image quality at higher ISO settings much better than my 7D.
            The 7D performance and AF is great for wildlife and sports but found it a tad noisy.
            600D now sold and 7D getting ready for sale.
            I bought a 70D a couple of weeks ago but yet to test it in earnest

Mike
            www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
            X