Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.O.S- Colin Croft

Hello!

After much thought I am putting this S.O.S to find out what has happened to everyone's good friend, Colin Croft. He has been very quiet for the last few months, which is quite unlike him. I am aware that his father has not been very well for some time but whether this is the reason for his silence I don't know. So I thought I'd put out this S.O.S so that he is aware that members are concerned about him and would like him to send a "bleep" stating "all is well" or OR .........?

Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: S.O.S- Colin Croft

I sent a message to our friend Colin a few days ago ..... nothing yet.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Many thanks for your concern and best wishes from many that have contacted me.

Life has been a little dramatic of late, starting with the death of my father, which hit me rather hard and I needed to spend more time with my mother to help her cope.

Shortly after, the company I was working for went bankrupt and finally closed it's doors. That wasn't too much of a surprise as the Managing Director had far more ego than skill, so it was only a matter of time in the current environment. Just a pity that so many people had to lose their livelihood as a consequence.

From there, I decided that a high stress environment was no longer for me and I took the radical step to retrain as a Carpenter, or to be more accurate ……… a Joiner. Apparently a Joiner is one step up from a carpenter and one down from a cabinet maker. Very poorly paid in comparison to my previous life, but no pressure or stress and I really enjoy going to work every day. Wish I could have afforded to do it years ago.

Now starting to take a few snaps again and hoping to pick up where I left off.
      Colin

Comment

My condolence Colon for your loss of your father. I'm glad to see that you are back and that you are enjoying your new career move. I understand as I was let go 3 years ago after spending 31 years with the company. Like you, I don't make near what I use to, but what I do now is more satisfying than the high tech world.

Tom

Comment

My condolences Colin. I'm pleased to hear that, despite the change to your employment status, you're finding some comfort in your chosen vocation - there's a lot to be said for enjoyment of your work vs. remuneration!

I for one look forward to seeing some of your work again, especially a wooden tripod lovingly crafted by your own fair hand
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

My condolencesess Colin on the loss of your father.You are in my thoughts.

Its nice to see you back .Good luck with the change of work..
            [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

My condolences Colin, and good luck with your future, hope this new year brings lots of brightness. Raj
              Raj
              Flickr

Comment

Deepest Sympathies Colin. I have been in your position many years ago and operating from UK in my late mother's interests wasn't easy. I know what you have gone through and will be going through for quite some time with your mother, until she fully recovers from her big loss.

Good to note your positivity re the work environment and more so to see you back in full flow on the forum.

Kind regards
                Nathaniel
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Condolences Colin, like others I hope the future is good for you and look forward to seeing some of your work on here again.
                  Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss Colin. Not an easy time.
                    I am also a joiner/cabinet maker. You are right, it's not well paid, but gives a lot of satisfaction when you can stand back and say "I did that!"
                    I hope things get easier for you and your mother daily,
                    Kindest Regards,
                    Garry
                    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

My deepest sympathy Colin to you and your family at this time.

Look forward to seeing to seeing your return to the forum when you have time.
                      Regards.
                      Di.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Dear Colin, may I add my sincerest condolences for the loss of your father.

Obviously, family commitments take priority, but I am sure I speak for all your many friends on this forum when I say we look forward to the return of your valued contributions, whenever your commitments allow.

Good luck also in your career change... I know you spoke of it when we last met at the HCT, and I'm glad you are at least finding enjoyment in your new career.

Kindest regards, Mike.
                        flickr
                        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Colin, and having been through it with both of my parents, I know what a difficult and painful experience it is, but time does heal things, and you will always cherish the memories of the good times.

To compound this with losing your job, could not have come at a worse time, but at least you have picked yourself up, and made a positive move on the 'job front'.

Good to see you back on the forum.

Dave
                          Dave

Comment

I too send you my heartfelt condolences Colin, I lost my father 21 years ago and truly understand how you are feeling.
                            Please send my best wishes and condolences to your mother too.

Good luck with your new employment as a joiner.

Stephen
                            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Sorry to hear of your woes Colin. You have been missed.

I have to admire you you for having the courage to call "enough" and down-skill. I keep thinking about it but am not brave enough.
                              Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Working...
                              X