S.O.S- Colin Croft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S.O.S- Colin Croft

Nice to see you back mate sorry to hear of your loss .time is a great healer

Comment

Good to hear your dulcet tones once again young feller.

Really sorry to hear of your loss Colin, I lost both my parents over the last 10 years, so know the pain you and your family are going through.

I'm sure the quality of social life and your general wellbeing will be much improved by downsizing, I had a demanding/high pressure job before I retired (at 55), and leaving work was and is the best thing I've ever done, and summed up on a fridge magnet one of my daughters bought me at the time ' Retirement is when you stop living at work, and you start working at living' , hope this rubs off on you a little.
      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Colin, Very sorry to hear of your loss, like many others on here I have missed your valued contributions. Also like you and others on the Forum I lost my Father a few years ago, I was very close to him and still miss him greatly, but I do have wonderful memories.

Regards Paul

Comment

Colin, just echoing the general feelings of good will to you from everyone here.

Recently lost an uncle at the crazy young age of 63 and like many others wonder if the time I spend at work each day is worth it ... Answer? Of course it's not but until the mortgage is paid it will have to do.

Regards
          Scott
          Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Condolences Colin, hope things pick up for you.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

My condolences as well. My father died a few years back, just as my firm was on the wrong end of a merger and i lost my job. I often wish I could show my father the photographs I am taking now. He was my first and principal photographic teacher, plus he loved the technology!

I wish I had the courage to retrain. Two daughters - one at university and one about to start next year with any luck - keep my nose to the grindstone!

With very best wishes

Richard
              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Thank you all for your kind wishes and welcome back.

I no longer have a mortgage and the "ankle biters" have finished University and are married now, so at a pinch, I can live on next to nothing. I did think long and hard about going back into photography, but it is a totally different environment now from when I had my own business. Then, I had my own niche which is no longer available in the digital age and anyway, I'd have to find a different hobby!

It's very nice to work just a couple of miles from my front door and be able to switch off when I leave and as has already been said, at the end of the day I have a product that I made with my own hands.
                Colin

Comment

Hi Colin Like all the other messages have said, I am sad to hear of your loss, I have lost both my parents, I think I can relate to the pain you have been in. Glad to hear you have also made a positive life changing decision that seems to be working out fine for you at the moment, although I have not been very active on the forum recently I have dropped in just to keep up to date and have missed your constructive & witty posts. Glad, and relieved to see you back.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                  X