Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Press & The Establishment

Originally posted by NickM View Post
    These are worrying times, that's for sure.
    If the current government, and its predecessor hadn't allowed, and contributed, to this country's slide to where it is now at, then UKIP would not have existed.

Its not that government hasn't been aware of the British peoples concerns, they knew full well the level of discontent and worry, but they chose to either pay 'lip-service' to it, or ignore it completely.

I don't want to see UKIP governing this country, as I think it could have frightening consequences, but then neither do want to see anymore of the type of government that has taken this country to where it is now.

If we continue down that same route, then there will be worrying times ahead. Maybe not for me, but certainly for my grandchildren.

Dave
    Dave

Comment

Re: The Press & The Establishment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
      I suspect that if they didn't check any boxes that would count as a spoilt vote.
      It would.

What was interesting was noting in my ward how different the results were between the local and the European. UKIP's vote was definitely a European comment which wasn't repeated in the Local. I doubt they will have the same result at National level, my feeling was that a lot of people treated UKIP as a form of referendum vote, rather than a party one, ie a chance to vote against Europe.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
      X