X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camera Strap

Originally posted by NickM View Post
    Di
    I like the idea of that setup, it holds the camera with the lens downwards, rather than horizontally outwards like the BR RS7. However, that buckle looks in an unfortunate place, and also looks painful.
    Is it more comfortable than it looks?

Also, where on earth do you buy? The joby website directs you to daymen.co.uk and any attempt to find a purchase page/section directs you back to the joby website. grrrr.
    Nice product though.

Mine came from eBay. The buckle seems to be in the middle of the chest and not where the strap is weigh bearing so doesn't seem to irritate or pinch.. Other than try the strap on and have a wander around the garden with it, I've not had chance to trial it much due to illness. (Chest infection - asthma happens every year ) it does have a smooth actionn when it releases and comes up to the eye and seems well made, I read somewhere online that it has carbonfibre or fibre glass built into to the components to make it stronger.

Only thing that I have noted is the shoulder top doesn't have a lot of padding. Whether this feels different to me because its not the optech or simply because its new and not broke in I'm not sure.

Its probably not for every one. I've found it online at currys. May be a call into one of the bigger stores and a try and play is called for.

Soon as I'm up and about and able to go a walk with the camera. I'll let you know how the shoulder padding thing is. I'm already thinking would a padded seat belt thing work if it proves to be the strap and not me been six and sevens. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :smile:
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Hello! I am back again rather confused. I note from all the video clips shown that the camera is always shown with a small lens- which is no bother for me to have round my neck. It is unforuntate that the videos do not illustrate the straps/slings with a long prime lens and a zoom lens i.e how far the zoom bit extends and dangles.

I prefer the Optech brands as I already have their straps but these are fixed to my camera like any other Canon strap. Can any kind member suggest a suitable optech camera strap with quick connectors for (i)normal use with a short lens carried round my neck and (ii) a sling attachment when I want to carry my 300mm prime lens. Rest assured that I will not hold you to ransom for your advice
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Nat, see my previous post. Female proloop on the camera and a male proloop on the long-lens tripod ring (or visa versa depending on whether you want to front or rear face the lens). Alternatively, use 3/8" connectors if you want a longer length on the lens, but I find the angle of dangle afforded by the above setup suits me.
        Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

This looks interesting..
          Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

Steve (SJP),Thunderstruck- the penny has dropped. Thanks
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
              Hi! Can you give me a link to your Carry speed strap so that I can take a closer look? thanks

Nat
              Hi Nat
              Just google carry speed and you will find them. They are an American firm but my last one I managed to find a dealer in Tel Aviv who was very good with postage etc:
              Robert

Comment

www.carryspeed.com and it looks like they do shipping as well...
                Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

Working...
                X