Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reasons for upgrading

Originally posted by Mark View Post
    If a won the jackpot lotto, then my order would be in for two 1D mk IV and the following lenses.

Very funny Mark ..... you took them out of my camera bag, now please put them all back. And in the right places please, I don't want to be fumbling about looking for the right lens during a shoot! He, he.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
      Weight is a problem on safari. Not especially for carrying it around, but the baggage weight limits on some aircraft. With one body, a 100mm - 400mm and a wide to midrange zoom seems to be the order of the day. On my last safari I took two bodies, a 500mm permanently on one and generaly a 70 - 200mm on the other. I also had a 17 - 40mm for scenery and a 1.4x converter for if I needed a little more "reach".

The 500mm proved to be the most useful lens and nearly always propped on my beanbag. This is an example of what it achieved:

It's not only a bitingly sharp lens, but with careful control of the aperture, you can achieve some wonderfully blurred backgrounds that add a three dimensional effect to the subject.

Colin
      That is a stunning picture
      ef-r

Comment

That's a lovely Picture Colin, I Love everything about it, especially the expression on the face of cub that's being carried.

This is only the second pic I've ever seen you post, the other was your restored Blue Mini - Quality not quantity eh !
        Millie

Comment

Cracking picture Colin. The two cubs at the back are nicely in focus too. Stunning.
          7D, 400D + Grip (for Sale), G9, EF-S 10-22 USM, 50 f1.4 USM, 17-40L, 24-105L IS, 100-400L, 430EX, RC-1, Giottos ML3290B + MT8240B & MH1302. No spare money!

Comment

Colin,

Stunning photo Colin. Well done. Wildlife is my number one passion & I have converted my partner also to the beauty of these animals & birds.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
              That's a lovely Picture Colin, I Love everything about it, especially the expression on the face of cub that's being carried.

This is only the second pic I've ever seen you post, the other was your restored Blue Mini - Quality not quantity eh !
              Millie
              Conversely, it could be said that I have only ever taken two good pictures!

Colin
              Colin

Comment

I had a good 2009, I took about 10 pictures I was ecstatically happy with.
                I could pressure you into posting the blue mini shots, by asking if you've worn it since

I was watching the Lion Man on Sky last night, it gives you some idea of the scale of these magnificent beasts, those cubs in your picture are probably the size of near full grown Rottweilers ?

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
                  I had a good 2009, I took about 10 pictures I was ecstatically happy with.
                  I could pressure you into posting the blue mini shots, by asking if you've worn it since
                  Photo posted in the Transport section. She is sulking in the garage at the moment. Far too cold and yukky for her to be venturing out and as those tyres are designed for track and fast road use, I don't think they would work that well in snow and ice.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

I upgraded from a 10D that I bought new to a 5D that I got secondhand, mainly because I wanted full fram. Also going ftom the 10D to the 5 gave me bigger better more of most things as the 10D was soo old by that point.

I upgraded from consumer zooms to L lenses to get the best out of the 5D. I probably will not upgrade the digital body again for a couple of years.As for film, I upgraded from an Olympus OM-1 to a canon Eos3 which got me into this expensive mess :)
                    Eric

5D2 & BG-E6 / 5D & BG-E4 / Eos 300 & PB-200 / Eos 650 / Canon G9
                    17-35mm f2.8 L / Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5 L / 24-70mm f2.8 L / Canon 28-200mm / 50mm f1.4 / 70-200mm f2.8 L IS / 180mm f3.5 L

Comment

Working...
                    X