• Show
Clear All

Re: EOS 5D IV spec

Thanks Ian, Googling them now

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Having watched the rest of the Tony Northrup video I have to say I wasn't impressed.
      He spent a long time criticising the 4K, and then spent only a short time mentioning the good aspects of the still photography.
      I was bemused by his slating of the existing 24-105mm, especially as so many people use it as their standard walkabout lens. And the new version of the 24-105mm was dismissed pretty much out of hand.

The constant comparing to the 5Ds/r was pointless, they are aimed at different tasks.
      He failed to mention that the 5Ds/r has a lower ISO range.
      I'm afraid for me this review affects his credibility due to poor comparisons.

Now, I accept that everything about the 5D Mark IV won't be perfect but it seemed to me he had some kind of axe to grind.
      I look forward to reading or watching other reviews to get a better insight.
      Andy

Comment

Ian old mate I wasn't jumping down your throat ,it's just a known fact that for whatever reason cameras are released before the raw processing features from LR and ps are enabled ,when I bought the 80d I had to upgrade all my p.p facilities I.e it's not supported in aperture or wasn't at that time .and I know you'll buy the mk4

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Having watched the rest of the Tony Northrup video I have to say I wasn't impressed.
          He spent a long time criticising the 4K, and then spent only a short time mentioning the good aspects of the still photography.
          I was bemused by his slating of the existing 24-105mm, especially as so many people use it as their standard walkabout lens. And the new version of the 24-105mm was dismissed pretty much out of hand.

The constant comparing to the 5Ds/r was pointless, they are aimed at different tasks.

Now, I accept that everything about the 5D Mark IV won't be perfect but it seemed to me he had some kind of axe to grind.
          Canon probably refused to let him test one... He does appear to throw his toys out...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
            I wouldn't purchase the 5d mk 1V not at the price canon are wanting £3599 when in the states the price quoted is $3499 whic at todays exch rate is £2664 which is a difference of almost £1000 are Are canon trying to take us for Mugs the phrase Rip Of Britain springs to mind.

They wonder why people go to the grey import market

Keep in mind that the UK price (RRP is actually £3629) includes UK tax (VAT at 20%). The USA price is quoted without tax, which varies from state to state.

Given that the UK VAT on the camera is just over £600 and you might have tax to pay the the USA, the difference is nowhere near the £1000 you suggest.
            Robert
            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
              Keep in mind that the UK price (RRP is actually £3629) includes UK tax (VAT at 20%). The USA price is quoted without tax, which varies from state to state.

Given that the UK VAT on the camera is just over £600 and you might have tax to pay the the USA, the difference is nowhere near the £1000 you suggest.
              True. If you buy the camera in downtown New York you would expect to add approximately a total of 8.8% in local and State tax. Nevertheless I've never seen a plausible explanation why pre-tax prices are so much less Stateside than they are in the UK.
              - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

...you might not have to pay the US tax if you are not a citizen there....but would pay import duty when bringing equipment into the UK. You could probably buy a return ticket to NYC, go to B&H and the saving would fund your ticket if you bought a body and two lenses....but that might be over the value you are allowed to bring in free of import duty.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Post deleted by moderator. This forum does not condone the encouragement of criminal activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

I do agree that he was bleating on about video too much, in fact after a while I hit the FF as I have no interest in video ...Re the lens - yes I thought that the Mki is a great walkabout and I've got some stunning shots, so can only assume the new one will be better ..But what we need to see is someone reviewing the camera thats got a card in the slot LOL... I do find it amusing that Canon won't let people put cards in, well thats the togs that have not been paid by Canon !!!

Next few weeks hopefully we'll know

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                    Ian old mate I wasn't jumping down your throat ,it's just a known fact that for whatever reason cameras are released before the raw processing features from LR and ps are enabled ,when I bought the 80d I had to upgrade all my p.p facilities I.e it's not supported in aperture or wasn't at that time .and I know you'll buy the mk4
                    cheers Jeff - some heated discussions going on here - but its something you have to expect, plus with the wife I was in a bad place .. As for buying it its 50/50 till I see what it does

Originally posted by supergeeman View Post
                    Canon probably refused to let him test one... He does appear to throw his toys out...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                    yep lots of reviews - so far no real content, we'll have to wait for the honest reviews till people can buy the camera

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                    Thanks Ian, Googling them now

Cheers,
                    John
                    I've always had an excellent service from them, and when I had a problem with a filter it was exchanged without question
                    Last edited by Tigger; 29-08-2016, 06:13.
                    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I don't think any of us would seriously take the risk of getting caught at customs or consider defrauding our own economy. Which is probably why I only came back with a Domke bag on my only trip to thst store several years ago.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                        I do find it amusing that Canon won't let people put cards in, well thats the togs that have not been paid by Canon !!!
                        That's usually because the sample cameras available are pre-production models which will not give maximum performance. I have been to a number of Canon press conferences where the card bay on the cameras has been sealed. At other press conferences we have been encouraged to take photographs with the new cameras.
                        Robert
                        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

At last someone using the camera - although very interesting in low light shooting at 20k ISO and "some noise issues" now thats disappointing but waiting to see other test reviews - what I'm really looking forward to is side by side reviews with the Mkiii

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                            At last someone using the camera - although very interesting in low light shooting at 20k ISO and "some noise issues" now thats disappointing but waiting to see other test reviews - what I'm really looking forward to is side by side reviews with the Mkiii
                            I think the Shutterbug review is interesting, performance seemed good.
                            Looks like the ISO performance will be manageable, it would be unrealistic to expect no noise at 20000-32000.
                            As you say, it'll be interesting to see other reviews as they start to come out.
                            Andy
                            Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

the thing I find annoying though Andy is why have a base ISO to 32k if its not usable - but hopefully other reviews will show whats going on in the shadows at these higher ISO values..

But least it nice to have someone other than Canon sponsored users trying the camera out - they are the only ones to watch

Comment

A good practical review....I think Anna sold it to me!
                                I hope we can get to see some side by side images too.....or hopefully RAW images to download from both cameras.
                                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                                X