Photographic challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photographic challenges

Hey folks, the first Forum Challenge starts tomorrow !

I love the 1st of March, a time for optimism, marks the end of the miserable winter !

Millie

Comment

I love the 1st of March, a time for optimism, marks the end of the miserable winter !
      And its St David's Day, so I get to eat a leak.

hughbie

Comment

There's nothing like a nice bowl of Vichyssoise !

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by hughbie View Post
          And its St David's Day, so I get to eat a leak.

hughbie
          Happy St. David's day...

How do you eat a leak
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
            Happy St. David's day...

How do you eat a leak
            Try the Welsh "Cawl"- a brilliant Leek soup. Must have the recipe somewhere Or I am sure the Welsh members would care to post the same here.
            Last edited by Nathaniel; 01-03-2010, 12:26.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel Ramanaden View Post
              Try the Welsh "Cawl"- a brilliant Leek soup. Must have the recipe somewhere Or I am sure the Welsh members would care to post the same here.
              Try here for the recipe Recipe
              jhdee

Comment

Just looking at the recipe ....................... I'm hungry already!

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Hi forum members

Please remember not to forget :) to post your FUN themed pics posted before this Monday 15th @ 12.00 midday.

That still gives you a full weekend's snapping to come up with a fun image !

Millie

Comment

Millie,

Since we know that there is a competition going on, I am taking more photographs than before- nothing in particular to forecast what the theme would be, but images that catches my eye. However, it is quite possible that one or two,might fall within the competition theme. Are these pictures disqualiified or as your rules say that one has to go out and photograph an image only after the theme is announced?
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Are these pictures disqualified or as your rules say that one has to go out and photograph an image only after the theme is announced?
                      Good question Nathaniel, regrettably the short answer is yes.

Otherwise ‘the challenge’ would be to search your hard drive to see if you have an image that just happens to fit a given theme. This would mean that you don’t actually have to leave your computer, and get your camera out to take part.

Does that answer your question ?

Obviously people can strip the exif out of their images get around the ‘time stamping’. I believe that honour and a sense of fair play will prevail and people wouldn’t do this on purpose.

Millie

Comment

OK. I understand your reasoning and logic.

Comment

Challenge no. 2 is indeed a good challenge - that will make us think ! A really good idea Chris - I've got my thinking cap on!
                          Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

OK. I understand your reasoning and logic
                            If the rules need tweaking, fair enough, there's nothing to say the rules can't evolve if enough people feel strongly about them :-)

For now, if we all stick to the same rules it's just easier.
                            Millie

Comment

Perhaps entries posted should also contain exif data, just as a matter of course - What do members think? I think the rules are fair and gives us a good incentive to get out there and take photos - which is the whole point of this challenge, isn't it?
                              Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore View Post
                                Perhaps entries posted should also contain exif data, just as a matter of course - What do members think? I think the rules are fair and gives us a good incentive to get out there and take photos - which is the whole point of this challenge, isn't it?
                                The current rules are absolutely spot on IMHO
                                exif data with each shot is a good idea.
                                Also, how about the winners are required to post a summary of their rational for taking the shot along with how they actually did it. eg the light cycle was great and it was good to read how the shot was set up and the amount of work involved in doing it.
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X