Canon R6 mkII help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wings and Things View Post
    Just a thought - what shutter speeds were you getting/using on the 100-500? Is it just a case of blur/shake due to slow speeds being indoors and shooting through glass? I have tried shooting our aquarium and even in good light the results were not great using a short lens never mind a telephoto. Maybe post a sample with the exif data which might help someone offer better advice and help.
    Thanks Colin

It was difficult to get a decent shutter speed with the 100-500mm lens even with a high ISO shooting at 250mm. In Tv the aperture was flashing as to say it was not correct for the shutter speed or ISO
    Focusing was another issue (as previously mentioned).
    The results with the 24-105mm was however surprisingly quite good.

I remember with the previous Canon EF lenses (on a D-SLR camera) the focus point was always central and focusing was usually straight forward, even indoors.​
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Stephen, I think this is all down to shutter speed. Take it outside on a good day, set it up on a tripod and take some test shots
      Last edited by Trev B; 10-03-2024, 07:27.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

If you want to centre the focus point on an r6m2 press the thumb joy stick, it is a button as well ( it is located just to the right of the viewfinder). There are a lot of options for the focus, I mostly use Expand area for the static photography I mostly do. Once the focus point is established the (with a shutter half press) auto detect normally takes over for you

For manual focus on menu AF5 I find it best to select MF Peaking Settings to ON and Focus Guide to ON. This gives you a visual focus indicator and a coloured band to let you know the areas that will be in focus.

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Working...
        X