My opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My opinion.

Daisy, we're all beginners, but some people have pressed the shutter button a lot more lol. Without sounding patronising, it may explain why you think of using photoshop as cheating, and to be fair, if you only ever shoot in jpeg, then you won't really need to use it, but then you could go further and say that you don't need a dslr,.... If I play my guitar (badly) without adjusting my amp, it would sound worse than usual, is that cheating? actually I'd like to see the responses to that on a guitar forum lol, Your "argument" could be seen as a valid one, until you shoot in raw, then it just doesn't stand up... and don't worry about posting, you will get some good advice from the more experienced photographers on how to improve.... Though "shoot in raw" may come up!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by supergeeman View Post
      Your "argument" could be seen as a valid one, until you shoot in raw, then it just doesn't stand up... and don't worry about posting, you will get some good advice from the more experienced photographers on how to improve.... Though "shoot in raw" may come up!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
      I don't think that advice will ever be offered SG
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
        Robert, I'm lost you say you normally respond to Robert, but you've made 2 postings including this one - do you have another username?
        Simples. Someone asked me what my name was after my first post. So I responded. People (friends, workmates, etc) normally call me Robert (some call me Rob or Bob).

"Simples. Alguien me preguntó cuál era mi nombre después de mi primer mensaje. Así respondieron 1. Las personas (amigos, compañeros de trabajo, etc.) normalmente me llaman Robert (Rob algunos me llaman o Bob)."

Comment

Originally posted by RPlatt View Post
          Simples. Someone asked me what my name was after my first post. So I responded. People (friends, workmates, etc) normally call me Robert (some call me Rob or Bob).

"Simples. Alguien me preguntó cuál era mi nombre después de mi primer mensaje. Así respondieron 1. Las personas (amigos, compañeros de trabajo, etc.) normalmente me llaman Robert (Rob algunos me llaman o Bob)."
          sorry understand now - thanks

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
            I don't think that advice will ever be offered SG
            I think that would be a very unfortunate turn of events if advice is not given to Daisy's photos.
            Sounds like a raw nerve has touched by this post.
            Malcolm.
            760D
            EF 50mm f1.8,EF 28-135 IS USM,
            Sigma 10-20 DC HSM,EFS 18-55 IS STM
            EF 70-300 IS USM
            Kenko Teleplus HD 1.4 DGX
            YN685ll,YN568EXll,YN468,YN622TX and YN622TRX's.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
              On holiday at the moment. I hearby promise on return to post some photos. I am a beginner, with only a 700d & a couple of lenses, so be gentle.
              Ah the closet door is now opening wider, I am starting to wonder then if your view of how or whether photos are processed is more down to lack of skill and/or knowledge rather than a logical viewpoint ,one things for sure is your work when it does appear will get the full scrutiny from the pro- active forum members .
              We pride ourselves on here as being a rather friendly group and its nice to see that your taking that in your stride with good humor ,so post some pics when you return from your hols and hopefully we can get you from a beginner stage to a more advanced level .can I just ask if you have a Flickr account at all so we can browse your work in advance

Comment

On holiday at the moment. I hearby promise on return to post some photos. I am a beginner, with only a 700d & a couple of lenses, so be gentle.
                Enjoy your holiday and take plenty of photos and put some up. We ALL started from the bottom to get how we like our own photography, as at the end of the day it is the person behind the camera, and if they like their shot then great.

Comment

Originally posted by malgpz900 View Post
                  I think that would be a very unfortunate turn of events if advice is not given to Daisy's photos.
                  Sounds like a raw nerve has touched by this post.
                  Malcolm.
                  I think he is merely saying that we are unlikely to tell Daisy to take photos in Raw, given the discussion! Nothing more sinister!!!
                  Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

I did think,after some time, that this was a "joke" thread and still think IT IS. If I am proved wrong, I hope the members will give their comments in the same fair and good mannered way they have done for many years.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                      I think he is merely saying that we are unlikely to tell Daisy to take photos in Raw, given the discussion! Nothing more sinister!!!
                      yes, thanks Richard

Comment

I will put some images for your dissection (at last). One at a time so you can pull them to pieces. :)
                        IMG_8707 by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

number 2 will not put anymore until I see comments.

IMG_8697 by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Hi David, I have said this before on here, I am not expert. The bride has some of her top hair cut off and her hand is not in focus. The second one is not in focus at all, it might of been better if you had it on spot, then you might of got the little girl in good focus. Just had a quick look at your Flickr, and I would say that the best shot is, Fun on the dodgems shot.
                            Last edited by Dave61; 18-09-2016, 15:03.

Comment

I will put some images for your dissection (at last). One at a time so you can pull them to pieces. :)
                              I think we may have given the wrong impression... I have been here 4 years now, and have never had any images pulled apart. And believe me, I have (looking back at them now) posted some truly questionable images!

As far as these images go, I like the first one a lot. Being picky, the focus, pin sharp as it is, is on her cheek rather than her eyes. Choosing a different aperture, such as f8 even, would have given a deeper depth of field, bringing more into focus. If you switched to AV mode, this would give you more control of your depth of field. The cropping is a bit tight, chopping of her thumb and top of her hair. That said, overall a pleasing image you should be chuffed with.

The second image, I love the concept of. Composition is lovely. Those eyes are fantastic, just a shame they are out of focus.

Overall, both images are great first posts, with the first one winning on quality, but the second definitely winning on the "cute" factor!

Well done,

Garry
                              Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                              Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

One at a time so you can pull them to pieces
                                critique is not pulling images to pieces it is passing comment on areas that are spot on and giving suggestions for future improvement if you have not got it quite right

Gary has given you some feedback, I would just add that with any photography of a person or animal, if you focus on the eyes that is going to be the most important aspect as if the eye is sharp then everything else follows. Your camera has a number of focus points for just that purpose so never have them all active as the camera will just focus on whatever is nearest, pick a single point, probably the one nearest the top of the frame and compose so it is over the eye
                                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                                flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X