My opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My opinion.

Mr. Daisey, nice first ones- esp the first one. I would like to suggest that you post your images under "people and portraits" for a wider circulation and for more feedbacks.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

The reason I put them on here is because of this thread, I have not altered these photos in any way & had no intention to " cheat" . But all comments on room for improvement are being absorbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
        The reason I put them on here is because of this thread, I have not altered these photos in any way & had no intention to " cheat" . But all comments on room for improvement are being absorbed.
        Your opinion is yours but I have to say, you saying it is cheating is getting boring now. Your camera will never take a photo of the exact thing you see. I do hope you stick around though and learn.

Just some of the Worlds BEST.

Famous Photographers : If you are an aspiring photographer and want to learn from the best, take a look at these top photographers who have achieved a lot within a short span of time. Some of these b

Hi Daisy have a look at how your camera WILL edit ALL your JPEG shots, so you are saying your camera cheats. Scroll to What is Raw and see how your camera cheats.

Many people say that using a photo editor, like photoshop, is cheating. Well in this article I show you just how misguided that is.
        Last edited by Dave61; 18-09-2016, 19:22.

Comment

Okay I shall stop using the "c" word & accept that the camera does its changes, but beyond that I will not be doing anything. Following the comment by Dave, I will put the dodgem photo up next.

Comment

Okay I shall stop using the "c" word & accept that the camera does its changes, but beyond that I will not be doing anything. Following the comment by Dave, I will put the dodgem photo up next.
            Nice one David, the dodgem shot is a cracker I think

Comment

Fun on the Dodgems.
              IMG_8837 by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

My comments for No1...with regard to focusing I agree with Stan including his advice. At weddings it's a good idea to include some extra space around the subject...had that been done here you could have then cropped out the edge of the window frame on her left as its a distraction in the background ...and you would have had the missing top of the thumb included.
                In No2 the focus is just not good which is a shame...but the concept is very good.
                I think these images prove you have the eye but not yet the camera craft...better it's that way around.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

but beyond that I will not be doing anything
                  then if that is the situation then it is a waste of time anyone providing any feedback
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

I do really like the dodgem shot, but I also agree with Stan`s above comment.

Comment

Okay I shall stop using the "c" word & accept that the camera does its changes, but beyond that I will not be doing anything.
                      Fair enough. I truly admire your commitment to getting every shot exactly as you wish it to look straight out of the camera. You can always shoot in RAW exclusively, then not even the camera edits your photos.

Garry
                      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Stan the comments about my photos have made this not a waste of time at all, those comments are showing me I have a lot to learn in just taking the photos, let alone afterwards.

Comment

comments about my photos have made this not a waste of time at all, those comments are showing me I have a lot to learn in just taking the photos, let alone afterwards
                          correct me if I am wrong but your comment "& accept that the camera does its changes, but beyond that I will not be doing anything." would indicate you have no intention of acting on any of the comments, in which case, then it is a waste of members time trying to help you

Stan

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                            correct me if I am wrong but your comment "& accept that the camera does its changes, but beyond that I will not be doing anything." would indicate you have no intention of acting on any of the comments, in which case, then it is a waste of members time trying to help you

Stan
                            I hear what you're saying Stan, but, to play devils advocate, there is guidance on composition, camera technique, setup, lens choice etc that can all be commented on as well as PP. You have given many a critique on my compositions, and helped with wildlife/bird setups. So, it's not just the processing. Although, for me it is all part of the overall process

Comment

I hear what you're saying Stan, but, to play devils advocate, there is guidance on composition, camera technique, setup, lens choice etc that can all be commented on as well as PP
                              not just thinking about PP Gary but his comment seems to suggest he will not be acting on any suggestions, PP, camera settings or otherwise.

Of course I may have read it all wrong

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

Of course I may have read it all wrong
                                Excersing benefit of the doubt,I do think that the reference is to PP only......

Comment

Working...
                                X