Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has had a 503 this week ?

Originally posted by colin C View Post
    Ooops, Robert being grumpy .................. keep yer heads down lads!
    Spot on! Let's have a few more positive posts.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
      Spot on! Let's have a few more positive posts.
      He, he. Yes Boss.
      Colin

Comment

+ve post 😳
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

++ve post
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
            Sorry, which part of "if I were in a position of Canon higher management and seeing the bad publicity and unending problems this site is experiencing, to save further embarrassment, sadly I would pull the plug on it" did I misunderstand?
            And where within that quote did I suggest you were to pull the plug on it.

Doug.
            Cameras... 7D, 350D
            Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
            Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Ah, the old 'first person / third person' switch-a-roo!

Now keeping my head down (but remaining positive even though I can't post right now due to 503 error!).

Toodles.
              flickr
              5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

On a more serious note, and back 'on topic', I have tonight posted some pics from the BWC - Foxes.

Initially on posting the thread I received the 'usual' 503 message, but on checking the 'What's New' button, the thread had posted but only down to just after the first of 5 pictures.

I have since updated the thread to state I've had the 503 error, and have seen this update on the thread for about a quarter of an hour, but checking again just now, there's slightly more of the original thread back, and the updated 503 message I added has now vanished! That's weird indeed. In between attempts, I have exited Firefox, and re-opened it, but keep getting 503. I have NOT as yet cleared my cache, so perhaps I'll have a go at that too!

I'm using Firefox 26.0, on an up to date iMac running 10.9.1. I'm posting from Flickr. I have tried several times to paste the pictures back in from the 'copy' (cmd c) I took when getting the original 503, but all that seems to happen is the text updates a little bit more!

Hope that helps - but I suspect it's just going to cause more head scratching. I don't think it's this forum causing this, but the hosting site. It seems to have remembered some of the original text!

Mike

UPDATE - I've cleared the Firefox cache in settings/advanced, but still get 503, and original thread message looks weird and incomplete, having removed my updated 'I've had the 503 error' message!
                Last edited by mikep; 30-12-2013, 23:26.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                  Ah, the old 'first person / third person' switch-a-roo!
                  Apart from being wrong, I think that was totally uncalled for Mike.

Now keeping my head down (but remaining positive even though I can't post right now due to 503 error!).

Toodles.
                  That sounds like a negative to me

Doug.
                  Cameras... 7D, 350D

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                  Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

On a more serious note, and back 'on topic', I have tonight posted some pics from the BWC - Foxes.

Initially on posting the thread I received the 'usual' 503 message, but on checking the 'What's New' button, the thread had posted but only down to just after the first of 5 pictures.

I have since updated the thread to state I've had the 503 error, and have seen this update on the thread for about a quarter of an hour, but checking again just now, there's slightly more of the original thread back, and the updated 503 message I added has now vanished! That's weird indeed. In between attempts, I have exited Firefox, and re-opened it, but keep getting 503. I have NOT as yet cleared my cache, so perhaps I'll have a go at that too!

I'm using Firefox 26.0, on an up to date iMac. I'm posting from Flickr. I have tried several times to paste the pictures back in from the 'copy' (cmd c) I took when getting the original 503, but all that seems to happen is the text updates a little bit more!

Hope that helps - but I suspect it's just going to cause more head scratching. I don't think it's this forum causing this, but the hosting site. It seems to have remembered some of the original text!

Mike

UPDATE - I've cleared the Firefox cache in settings/advanced, but still get 503, and original thread message looks weird and incomplete, having removed my updated 'I've had the 503 error' message!
                    All of which has been said many times before, from May 2011 to present. Its quite clear that the Server is the problem.

Doug.
                    Cameras... 7D, 350D

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                    Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Originally posted by Montana 5 View Post
                      All of which has been said many times before, from May 2011 to present. Its quite clear that the Server is the problem.

Doug.
                      Indeed - but Robert asked for more specific details when the issue happens. This is what I have tried to convey in the explanation I gave. It's a positive step to continue to try and assist him in investigating the issue.

Mike
                      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Montana 5 View Post
                        Apart from being wrong, I think that was totally uncalled for Mike.
                        Doug, you are correct.

I have checked Google, and I should have said first / SECOND person. I do sometime have issues with personal pronouns - I apologise for my poor grammar.
                        flickr

Comment

Out of interest is it only flickr links that get this error?
                          Andy
                          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                          [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

I rarely get it on Photobucket and if I do, it's when I am trying to do something unusual. I have tried to change the wording inside quote tags and invariably I get the 503.
                            Colin

Comment

are there any common variables such as spaces within file names instead of underscores '_' ?

Sorry if Im asking questions that have been covered before - I just have a little knowledge of hosting a phpbb forum for the last 3 years and never experienced this problem but then again we never posted many images on it as it was a football forum.
                              Andy
                              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post
                                are there any common variables
                                Much has been discussed before, but it's always worth recapping.

For a while most of the issues came from a certain Flickr 'farm' pool, farm 9 or 5 seem to ring a bell. Robert's investigation point to issues with the hosting on a shared server, at peak traffic times. It could be a strange combination of circumstances lead to the 503. The issues, whilst deemed external to this forum will be difficult to trace, thus difficult to fix.

As with any issue of this type, Robert has tried to eliminate specific causes by changing various settings within his control, with some limited success, but each change potentially adversely effects members in other ways!

Not sure what could be tried next, and I'm off to bed now, so I'll catch up with things tomorrow.

Mike
                                flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X