Who has had a 503 this week ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has had a 503 this week ?

Would anyone else like me to pull the plug?
    Whilst it is extrememly frustrating it is certainly not a solution to even consider pulling the plug and lose one of the best photography forums there is. So to answer the question, not me and i am sure the majority of members feel the same way

I am sure Doug is only acting as Devils Advocate

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
      No!

I for one very much appreciate this FREE resource, and it has helped me tremendously over the last 3 years. True, I'm on it less right now, but I'm focusing more on camera club comps etc. and there's only so many hours in the day I can devote to camera related issues.

The 503 issue, whilst frustrating, does go away eventually.

I think people are becoming more frustrated because we don't know what the cause actually is, and we don't know what has been / is being done to sort it. I have read Robert's previous posts, and understand the difficulties concerned, especially as 3rd parties are involved.

Robert is the owner of this forum, and it should only be his decision as to how it's run. I'm sure he has asked the same questions as those being raised here, but I for one would not like to see the forum come to an end, but I would also like to see the forum work correctly. Robert's on a hiding to nothing on this one, apparently, but I for one support his efforts.

Mike
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I agree with Stan & Mike - No thanks Robert, keep up the good work.
        Bob Turner
        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Robert, please leave the plug firmly in. I am sure that there are enough of us here to keep you supplied with as much super glue that it takes to keep the plug firmly glued in place and never to be "pulled"
          This is a great forum full of people who want to help others, the occasional grumble (otherwise we would not be human) is healthy, and we all share the common current "gotcha" but will live with it knowing that you are as frustrated as all of us
          David

Comment

No, please don't pull the plug.

Comment

Just testing the 503... so, is there a picture from today's outing shown below?...

Diving Otter by mikep_eos, on Flickr

and can I edit it a few minutes later to have another picture as well?...

Fox close up by mikep_eos, on Flickr

YES on both counts... keep the forum plugged in, Robert! Thanks!

Mike
              Last edited by mikep; 29-12-2013, 20:29.
              flickr
              5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Please don't, although I know you must be as frustrated as hell about it.

I've learnt so much on here and been pushed (gently) to try things in photography that I would have never have got around to and feel that I've become a much better photographer with the support on here.

Surely the sign of a great forum?
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Robert another big NO please do not pull the plug, it is a very friendly and informative forum and one that would be sadly missed if you do close it down.

Comment

Pleaswe keep going Robert, I am sure the solution is just round the corner......
                    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Once again Robert you have not read my post right...I never suggested you were to pull the plug on it. The point I'm putting across and probably only seen by Stan, is that this problem has been going on for far too long and in my view is bad publicity for Canon, its no good people saying it will get fixed one day, that has been said for well over the year I have been on here and I believe it happened long before that too. I do enjoy this forum just as much as anyone else on here and its that enthusiasm that makes me want it to work right. I'm not running away from the Forum over this problem, however I'm entitled to my opinion in the hope a solution can be found.

Doug.
                      Cameras... 7D, 350D
                      Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                      Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

A resounding NO from me.
                        Colin

Comment

and a resounding NO from me too.
                          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Montana 5 View Post
                            Once again Robert you have not read my post right...I never suggested you were to pull the plug on it. The point I'm putting across and probably only seen by Stan, is that this problem has been going on for far too long and in my view is bad publicity for Canon, its no good people saying it will get fixed one day, that has been said for well over the year I have been on here and I believe it happened long before that too. I do enjoy this forum just as much as anyone else on here and its that enthusiasm that makes me want it to work right. I'm not running away from the Forum over this problem, however I'm entitled to my opinion in the hope a solution can be found.

Doug.

Sorry, which part of "if I were in a position of Canon higher management and seeing the bad publicity and unending problems this site is experiencing, to save further embarrassment, sadly I would pull the plug on it" did I misunderstand?
                            Robert
                            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

No, it's a useful and friendly forum that I enjoy being part of.
                              Andy
                              Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

Sorry, which part of "if I were in a position of Canon higher management and seeing the bad publicity and unending problems this site is experiencing, to save further embarrassment, sadly I would pull the plug on it" did I misunderstand?
                                Ooops, Robert being grumpy .................. keep yer heads down lads!
                                Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X